about 1 month ago
Are you an experienced Operations Manager with a track record of managing large scale learner assessments? Our client designs and delivers world-leading professional assessments and is part of a leading global learning and assessment organisation. They are seeking an operations manager to help set up and transition to BAU a large programme of professional assessments that will be taken up by 13,000 candidates per year. In summary the role will lead on achieving operational readiness for the assessment function.
Key responsibilities will include: -
- Assisting with the creation of new operational teams
- Documenting processes including developing training materials
- Overseeing testing
- Assisting with securing assessment venues
- Compiling evidence of operational readiness for the assessment's regulatory authority
- Relationship management with 3rd party assessment venues, finalising venue requirements and future bookings.
- Working with technology partners to finalise the setup of e-assessments and marking platforms
- Leading a small team of operations staff
- Prepare for and deliver the first assessment scheduled for Autumn 2021 and prepare for the delivery of the second tranche of assessment in Spring 2022
You will have the support and resources from a range of operational, programme and technology staff. The role will provide you with significant experience in setting up and delivering a brand new, high stakes professional assessment function. The employer offers a salary up to £65k on a fixed term one-year contract (minimum) covering maternity leave.
You will need the following skills and experience: -
- A proven track record of working as an operations manager across multiple locations
- Senior level experience of delivering large scale assessments and/or leading delivery of high-profile education/training
- Managing and leading an operations team
- Demonstrable ability to own and manage a complex programme of work and the ability to work on multiple projects and operational issues simultaneously
- Experience of business continuity and risk management
- An in depth understanding of how assessments and examinations are regulated
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders, in particular regulatory bodies
A competitive salary is offered circa £60k-£65k. The client also offers flexible working hours. The post is a full time position offered as a fixed term 1-year contract (minimum) based in London N7, albeit with a high proportion of remote working initially. The employer works hard to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or other belief, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood.