Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline, with 10 UK bases covering many of the UK and Europe's main cities. We pride ourselves on an excellent level of service to our customers and adopt the same approach to our employees at Exeter head office and beyond. Based within close proximity to the M5, our offices are easily accessible to commuters living in the South West. Some of the great benefits of working for Flybe include:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities
- Staff Travel Scheme - heavily discounted UK/European flights
- Free Parking & Cycle To Work Schemes
- Retail discounts with some of the biggest brands
- Opportunity to attend Exeter Chiefs & Exeter City FC matches, free of charge!
General description of the role
The FBPs look forward, providing insights to the business stakeholders based on industry and macro-economic trends and competitor dynamics. They should examine operational performance through different lenses to bring new perspectives, using tools such as SWOT, PEST, shareholder value analysis, return on capital and customer profitability.
The FBPs introduce benchmarks, consulting techniques, and frame discussions using structured methodologies to ensure rigour in evaluating options. They use examples from other organisations and sectors to inform the debate. With good soft skills, they provide rounded opinions and influence business stakeholders with clear recommendations.
Summary of responsibilities
- Leading a small team to.... interpret, explain and drive performance within the business and the broader external environment (macro and micro factors);
- Presenting business insight to ExCom members and their teams - looking forward, predicting what may come and anticipating risks and opportunities;
- Supporting and influencing key operational and strategic decisions;
- Advising on key business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities;
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues;
- Constructing and presenting business cases to support organisational improvements and change;
- Lead projects as required to drive improvement across both FBP and wider Finance areas to support the requirements of the role;
- Challenging and influencing the business to deliver its objectives;
- Report and influence cost centre analysis in the job holder's area of responsibility;
- Drive continuous improvement in Finance process and systems (as part of the wider extended Finance Leadership Team) to achieve standardisation, automation and efficiencies;
- Support Finance team members to enhance their skills and capability as part of their personal
- Be prepared to deputise, if required, for the Director of Procurement and Finance Business Partnering
- Mentor, support and develop the FBP team (direct reports and wider team) through effective leadership to enhance Finance resource capability
- Summary of key outputs of the role (not intended to be exhaustive list):
- Producing ExCom management information, using management accounting inputs received from A&R and FP&A teams
- Gathering and disseminating budget and forecast data and insight (from within the business) to be used by A&R Reporting and FP&A teams to construct and account for statutory reporting requirements
- Creation of business cases and 'what if' analysis to support business decision making
- Production of financial analysis and reports to support business areas in relation to e.g. customer, partnership, alliance and/or supplier touch points
- Produce capex business cases to support business projects
Health and Safety
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills - confident, energetic and driven to exceed expectations.
- Experienced people/team manager.
- Accomplished presentations skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience of working with finance systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualifications.
- Ability to manage projects and solve problems effectively.
- Be prepared to commit to continued professional development.
- Able to provide detailed 3rd party reporting and external negotiations.
- Able to influence at all levels including Executive Committee
- Knowledge of Aviation industry, specifically Airline operations.
- Experience working in different industries, with a focus on fast moving consumer facing.
- Background/previous experience in Business Partnering, preferably Finance function.
- Experience working within a consulting environment would be an advantage.
Act as a role model for the organisation by demonstrating the Flybe values:
- Care & Respect Each Other
- Look After Our Customers
- Own Our Actions
- Strive For Better
- Everyone Together