about 1 month ago
This small pub group is looking to appoint a Head of Finance to play a key role as the business emerges from lockdown and is looking to continue and build on its restructuring programme.
The Head of Finance will have overall responsibility for overseeing the company's accounting and financial reporting including, but not limited to:
- Managing the relationship with outsourced accounting services provider.
- Management reporting (financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, preparing board packs).
- Appraising and evaluating investments and potential acquisitions.
- Analysing sales and performance, reporting, monitoring and forecasting gross-profit and cash flow.
- Aligning the finance function with the premiumisation strategy of the business.
- Payroll management.
- Managing the bank relationship.
- Audit, supporting the company secretary with tax compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations and with GDPR.
- Strategic financial planning.
The applicant should be familiar with working strategically in an SME environment, preferably in the hospitality sector and have a high level of commercial awareness with an understanding and appreciation of business practices, approaches, organisation and culture. In addition, the applicant will understand the customer and the market, and have a strategic edge to highlight and pursue opportunities for growth, aligned with business objectives.
Qualified, ACA or CIMA ideally, with at least five to ten years' experience and to have good organisational and time management skills and looking to progress personally & professionally. This is an opportunity to make a real difference to the growth and development of the business.
A competitive salary of £80k to £90k is offered and benefits may include share options, car, pension and medical insurance.