Group Reporting Manager,
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
The role involves taking responsibility for the statutory audit reporting requirements of the group and managing the audit process and relationship with the group's auditor.
· Preparing for the annual audit, meeting the group's auditor in advance and ensuring the necessary processes and procedures will be in place to enable the information requested during the audit to be provided in a timely manner;
· Full responsibility for the Annual Report including drafting of the report, drafting and agreeing disclosures with the auditors, including any new disclosures;
· Preparation of working papers for any new IFRS relevant to the company and assessing the financial implications of these;
· Assisting with the group consolidation at the half year and year end;
· Liaising with the auditors throughout the year to ensure that any updates to audit reporting requirements are fully understood;
· Identifying areas where more detailed reports may be required in order to support the audit position and taking action to produce these, involving specialists if required;
· Working with the financial controllers to ensure that the information requested by the auditors is submitted on time and in the correct format;
· Managing the group's position with the auditors during the audit process;
· Preparing and submitting statutory accounts for all the group companies;
· Providing assistance to the CFO and Head of Operational finance, particularly in periods where audit activity is not taking place.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.