An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual to join the Group, with 37 franchise dealerships providing customers throughout Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset with high-quality new and used cars and vans from thirteen different manufacturers (as well as servicing facilities for three more brands).
Helston Garages Group are one of the 25 largest dealer groups in Britain, with 1,100 staff and a turnover in excess of £600 million, they represent a range of franchises including VW, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover and Skoda. The company is privately, family owned and is very proud of their history, determined to retain the principles of honest dealing, customer service and staff welfare that are responsible for more than 55 years of success.
A valuable role as part of the head office team, reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, this is a wide and varied role supporting finance and operational teams in a variety of areas including:
- Undertaking dealership based reviews, analytical reviews and group reviews.
- Providing improved communication links between Head Office and dealerships by providing more Head Office presence at dealerships and becoming familiar with each brand, their systems and challenges.
- Provide cover and assist dealership accounts teams, during bettle necks such as those arising during staff sickness, recruitment gaps and audit visits.
- Systems upgrades - backfill and/or assist Franchise Accountants during transition to the new Dealer Management System and other system changes.
- Troubleshooting and training within dealership finance teams.
- Reviewing consistency of group policies.
- Assist in collation and development of best practice. Sharing best practices and group policies throughout group dealerships, predominantly within the accounts departments.
- Experience within the Motor Trade including preperation of management accounts.
- Excellent ICT skills, including Excel.
- Strong process and problem solving skills.
- Commercial experience.
- Analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- Flexible and prepared to be hands on.
- Prepared to travel to all dealership locations, but predominantly Exeter and mid-Cornwall.
- Experience of Kerridge.
- In depth knowledge of sales administration.
- Previous experience as an accountant within the motor trade.
- A relevant formal accounting qualification.
If you've got what it takes to succeed in this position you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary, life insurance policy, company pension scheme and discounted employee car scheme.