about 1 month ago
General Ledger Accountant - Market Harborough, Northamptonshire
Salary: Up to £35,000 depending on experience. Permanent full-time position.
Our client is a market leading manufacturer with a global presence. They have a proven growth track record and are seeking a General Ledger Accountant to help facilitate the next stage of their growth.
The role forms part of the finance function responsible for accounting and control of the business, ensuring the accurate reporting of results and the safeguarding of the assets of the business.
• Responsible for the preparation of various month end financial reports and analyses;
• Preparation of monthly control accounts and reconciliations;
• Monitor and maintain fixed asset register, accruals and prepayments;
• Assist with bank payments;
• Monthly investigation of Intercompany discrepancies and resolutions
• Assist in the external audit's
• Responsible for the smooth running of the day-to-day accounting function, including integrity of day-to-day processing;
• Assistance in preparation of quarterly VAT returns, including necessary reconciliations;
• Assistance in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts;
• Provide cover for the Accounts Payable department;
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Professional (Part) Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA);
• Advanced user of spreadsheets (VLookups, Pivot Tables, etc.);
• Ideally a knowledge of SAP accounting software;
• Experience of preparation of monthly accounts;
• Ability to monitor and maintain control accounts and reconciliations;
• Working knowledge of the operation of sales and purchase ledgers; and
• Full UK driving licence.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.