General Administrator – £18k to £20k p/a – Aberdeen, Scotland
At AIC, we are looking for a capable, organised and motivated General Administrator to take responsibility for the general administration of sales and customer queries. Reporting to the Office Manager, you will be assisting in the day-to-day duties of the office and keeping the entire operation running smoothly. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and career at AIC.
The key responsibilities of a General Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Taking and processing orders from customers and the Sales team
- Dealing with any customer queries on a day-to-day basis and following through with any requirements or requests e.g. data sheets, quotations etc.
- Processing credit card payments and entering details in transaction book
- Keeping a record of all lifting frame hires and ensuring certification is up to date
- Assisting in the allocating and despatching of goods and sales orders to produce invoices and creating ‘to follow’ sales orders for goods not in stock
- Ensuring where required couriers are arranged for goods being delivered in a timely manner to customers
- Checking the sales orders daily, ensuring all orders are despatched in a timely manner
- Performing end of month duties: stock adjustment, updating/rotation of customer invoice files, invoicing of lifting frames for the month and stock taking of Salespersons AD NOVS
- Processing overseas orders (including liaising with overseas buyers, hauliers and expeditors)
- Checking overseas orders to ensure all labelling, G Numbers and packaging is correct
Established in 1982, AIC (Apex Industrial Chemicals) are a privately-owned and industry-leading manufacturer of hygiene, maintenance and specialty products. Catering for all industries both onshore and offshore, AIC manufacture and deliver over 160 products, from engineering to industrial maintenance solutions, to their vast client base both in the UK and internationally.
Based in Aberdeen, Scotland, AIC are situated in the heart of the oil and gas industry providing quality, service and excellence. Company-wide commitment to customer satisfaction and to providing to the needs of the customer with outstanding customer service is our business ethos. It’s the reason why clients keep coming back to us time and time again.
The key skills and qualities of a General Administrator:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, able to converse with and convey information clearly to customers, suppliers and other colleagues
- Highly organised and conscientious, keeping to schedules and prioritising tasks as needed
- Able to plan strategically and think ahead, solving any problems quickly and efficiently
- Strong technological and analytical skills, able to use and process data on various software
- Great leadership and inter-personal qualities, able to establish strong relationships with everybody that you work with and for
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.