about 1 year ago
Information on the company
A cutting edge private healthcare company based in Harley Street providing independent diagnostic services such as MRI, Ultrasound and MRI scans to patients across London. This is an innovative, disruptive and rapidly growing healthcare business.
This is a 3 months internship paying £21,000 pro-rata with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join this innovative, unique and expanding healthcare business as part of the Front of House Team giving patients an excellent customer service and managing parts of the business administration duties.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Provide a welcoming and professional service, being first point of contact, coordinating patient or visitor journey experience throughout the entirety of their visit.
• Provide a high quality administrative service for the unit to ensure an efficient service.
• Deal with telephone and direct enquiries in a prompt and effective manner, ensuring the provision of information and prioritisation of queries is appropriate.
• Liaise with patients and internal teams over telephone, email and voice messages both efficiently and politely.
• Maintain public areas in order to enhance patient and visitor comfort.
• Have an up to date knowledge of services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area.
• Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and that patients views are sought and taken into account.
• Make sure that all patient records are correctly captured and saved.
• Have knowledge of scheduling procedures and patient preparation requirements.
• Ensure all payments are invoiced promptly and accurately.
• Assist in distribution of imaging and reports to referrers ensuring that results are dispatched fulfilling clinical priority.
• Chaperone patients as and when required.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Document processes in relation to the role as and when required.
• Participate in projects, meetings and work schemes as directed by the Front of House Manager, Operations Manager or Director.
• Adapt to and support any changes implemented to improve the service provided to patients, clinicians and staff.
• Identify and report any risk which has a potential adverse effect on London Imaging Centre’s ability to maintain quality of care and the safety of patients, staff and visitors.
• To have knowledge and adherence to the Code of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act 1998.
• Undertake annual mandatory training.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
• Educated to degree level.
• A clear and courteous communicator.
• Excellent understanding of customer care and service with a high attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritise own workload in a pressurised working environment.
• Good IT skills and comfortable working with Microsoft Office.
• Experience in liaising with people and staff at all levels and of different ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as working alone.
• Able to manage and resolve difficult challenges in a clear and logical manner.
Desirable but not pre-requisites:
• Previous experience of working in a medical environment.
• Knowledge of office finance procedures, such as sales invoicing and purchase systems and documentation.
• Previous experience in hospitality sector.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• 27 days’ holiday.
• Medical cover and competitive pension scheme.
• A social team with a real ‘family environment’.
Apply for this role