Kennedys Finance team are seeking a Financial Operations Administrator to join the Chelmsford office on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The candidate will work competently within the Financial Operations team as an executive assistant, contributing to the effectiveness of the Finance department by providing a comprehensive and efficient service to internal and external clients in order that the business objectives of the firm and the department are achieved.
To be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to Financial Operations' management team, ensuring work meets the very high standards expected of the department.
You will work as part of the Financial Operations team:
* To make appointments, arrange meetings/conference calls and maintain an up to date diary for the Financial Operations department
* To ensure relevant documentation is prepared prior to meetings
* To attend management and project meetings, recording and producing minutes
* To produce and update project plans
* To follow up on action points, collate updates and provide management progress reports
* To compile PowerPoint presentations and Board meeting submissions
* To liaise directly with Partners, Lawyers and Business Services staff as required, updating the Accounting Services Manager and Head of Financial Operations where appropriate
* To maintain Finance intranet pages and process documents
* To show a high level of dedication and flexibility, to ensure strict deadlines are adhered to as and when required
* To ensure high standard of work output and quality of information
* To ensure a proactive approach is taken to carrying out all duties to maintain and improve client relations/goodwill
* To maintain the high standard of service offered to the Kennedys' existing clients and to assist in creating and developing the professional reputation of the department and the Firm
* To operate within and adhere to the firms working practices, quality procedures and protocols and information security systems as specified by the firm
* To be subject to varying degrees of supervision on a day to day basis, liaising with the Accounting Services Manager on a regular basis
* To work on your own initiative
* To ensure confidentiality and security of all practice and client's documentation and all information
* To undertake any specific training courses identified by the HR Department, line management or external training provider
* To operate safely in the work place
* To undertake any other duties requested by the Accounting Services Manager and Head of Financial Operations
* Excellent level of IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint and legal accounting systems would be an advantage.
* Commitment to delivering a professional service to the highest standards with a strong focus on client service
* High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
* Very organised with strong ability to prioritise workloads
* Proactive team player
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a confident telephone manner and strong writing skills
This is a developing role and the job profile is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team's objectives and firm policy.
Kennedys' Firm information:
Kennedys is an international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. With over 1,700 people worldwide across 32 offices in the UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields.
We act for insurers, reinsurers, Lloyd's Syndicates, public bodies and corporates. Our deep sector knowledge means that we understand the impact of proposed regulations and advise our clients on the implications this will have on their business. Every day we make a difference for our clients.
We provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics. We deliver these in plain English and it's what we call Legal advice in black and white.
What do we have to offer?
At Kennedys we offer a vibrant and supportive working environment built upon our core values; we are approachable, and responsive, we show respect for people, we are trustworthy and straightforward and we ensure that we deliver economic solutions for our clients.
We actively encourage all staff to develop in their chosen career by providing early responsibility, supervision and training.
Please see attached job description for further information.