Global Manufacturer seek a talented Financial Controller for their UK SME manufacturing arm. We seek a strong, commercially strategic Finance Manager who relishes in the challenges a varied role brings.
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus
BENEFITS: 33 Days Holiday + Fantastic Pension + Healthcare
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Leicester, Wellingborough, Rugby Coventry, Birmingham, Peterborough, Kettering, Milton Keynes
Part of a worldwide £multi-million global group, we are industry recognised manufacturer of technically advanced, chemical based products. We actively invest in R & D to ensure that our products stand out within the market place and provide our customers with a selection of solutions that outperform that of our competitors.
With the established foundations, we seek a strong, commercially strategic Financial Controller / Finance Manager to support the lean UK team in its next stage of growth. Your counsel will be invaluable, not only in guiding the senior management team but in your knowledge and agility to protect and challenge the UK market. We are a slender business and it will be essential that you have the ability to manage the day to day financial function whilst understanding how to grow an SME within an international group.
Reporting directly to the UK Managing Director your main duties will be to:
· Support in the development and execution of the growth strategy.
· Ensure a robust UK Financial infrastructure, continually developing processes and control systems.
· Produce and present biannual forecasts and budgets to the Group Board.
· Deliver accurate, timely and comprehensive reporting of financial information including monthly financial accounts and associated analysis, year-end accounts and consolidation.
· Perform and manage the accounting function including invoicing entries, bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, journals and bank payments.
· Generate commercial analysis including fee proposals and client project profitability.
· Effectively manage and control all aspects of working capital including leading monthly stock and debtor meetings.
· Liaise and prepare year end information for external auditors.
· Support the HR function including preparation of contracts, monthly salaries, pension and insurance scheme, company fleet, telecoms and IT.
Ultimately, you will already be proven within a SME leading Financial Controller / Finance Manager role and exhibit a natural flair for strategy.
As well as:
· Ideally being qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or someone who is QBE with the energy and enthusiasm to take the business to the next level.
· Displaying the strength of a senior manager, someone who understands how to grow an SME.
· Having an extensive knowledge of statutory obligations, tax, VAT and statutory accounts.
· A shrewd in negotiations at all levels.
· Understanding stock management and product supply.
· The commercial aptitude to evaluate and problem solve effectively.
Although the job title is Financial Controller you could have held any of the following roles: Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Head of Finance, Assistant Financial Controller, Senior Finance Manager, Senior Accountant, Cost Controller or Finance Analyst.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting Financial Controller / Finance Manager and reference CG15039 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.