7 months ago
Financial Controller - Bury St. Edmunds
Salary: £28 - 35k D.O.E.
Our client specialises in the Management, Design, Manufacture, Installation and Commissioning of a wide range of Mechanical; Electrical; Instrumentation and Control Systems. The company has been operating for 25 years, and has sought to achieve the highest standards in its work and to utilise the most up to date technology in its designs wherever possible.
Due to continued growth and success of the business, the client is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and capable Financial Controller to fulfil this new role within our team.
• Production and review of the monthly management accounts including balance sheet and cash flow.
• Control and management of the main control accounts on the balance sheet, debtors, creditors, wages, PAYE, VAT, P11D, Corporation tax, pensions etc.
• Management and execution of the project accounting processes utilising the job costing system.
• Analysis of accounting and project data to identifying trends, correcting anomalies and identifying potential cost cuttings and savings.
• Responsible for business accounting procedures and monitoring / internal auditing for compliance.
• Proactive in reviewing current practices looking for opportunities for improvement.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance and/or a UK Accounting Certification AAT qualified as a minimum, CIMA or part qualified ACA
• Minimum of five years of accounting experience, preferably within a project environment.
• Good, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills as well as ability to quickly adapt to changing situations and work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Have a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
• Good understanding of Sage50 Accounting software.
• Sage Job Costing experience highly desirable but not essential.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003