about 1 month ago
Main purpose of post:
Our client is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to support with the continuous growth of the company. Reporting to the Finance Director in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing finance department staff in day-day operations.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Maintain fixed asset register.
• Prepayments and accruals.
• Balance sheet reconciliations.
• Month-end reports and journal entries.
• Preparation of Monthly accounts.
• P & L Review.
• Bank Reconciliations.
• Invoice Discounting Reconciliations.
• VAT returns.
• Assist with stock takes.
• Cash Management.
• HP/Loan schedules.
• Returns for the Office of National Statistics.
• Contracts - telephones
• Insurance renewal.
• Fleet (DS).
• Intrastats (MG).
• Payroll (GB).
• Currency transactions.
• Making Supplier Payments and dealing with telephone queries.
• Filing returns on Companies House.
• Maintaining various spread sheets for Management Information.
• Production of the Audit File and dealing with the external Auditors.
• Dealing with Bank communication and the Relationship Managers.
• Providing support to other departments.
• Preparation of the Financial Calendar.
• Supervise and manage finance department team members.
• Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller, preferably in manufacturing for a family-run business.
• 5 plus years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
• Experience with general ledger functions and month end/year end close process.
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
• Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Direct line management experience.
• Must have proficient pc/keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft office including Word & Excel.
• Good planning and organisational skills, able to plan ahead, complete tasks on time and to the required standard.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to continuously improve the way the team work.
• Must have the ability to deal with difficult situations calmly and objectively.
• Must be able to work well as part of a team, and take an active part in team working and achievement of objectives.
• Able to work well unsupervised and demonstrate initiative.
• Confident in dealing with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
• Flexible and adaptable, with a positive attitude to change and improvement.
• Ability to make effective decisions and to work to tight deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritise activities in line with business requirements.
ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent.
To apply for this xxxx role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.