3 months ago
Do you have experience as a Financial Controller?
Are you looking for a role where you can take full accountability?
Then this could be the role you are looking for.
My client is a UK subsidiary of a German plc and operates a structured monthly reporting process in a formal control environment.
The individual will
1) partner with the Managing Director and his staff, to ensure orders, revenue, profit and working capital are well managed.
2) be a capable finance lead that can effectively perform financial accounting, planning and analysis, and ensure all necessary financial controls are in place and operate consistently.
You will be an essential part of a small team but have a wide and varied role that will cover Finance, Co Sec, IT and HR. Although no direct reports you will have a dotted line oversight of the office team.
Key requirements are a hands-on approach, an investigative mindset, leadership by example and overall business acumen.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with Managing Director and staff to deliver timely and accurate results
• Complete month end General Ledger close and Management Accounts by working day 5
• Preparation of the Annual Budget and the Strategic Plan
• Proactively evaluates the results of operations, provide commentary and insight to identify risks and opportunities and recommend actions to ensure the business achieves its commitments
• Complete ad-hoc financial analysis such as Gross Margin and Pricing Proposals for new business opportunities
• Complete the general accounting, tax compliance, cost accounting and AR/AP
• Manages the cash and treasury position of the company
• Drive improvements in Working Capital
• Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger, owns the books and records for the Business
• Maintain effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position
• Oversee external audits of the businesses
• As Company Secretary ensure all necessary compliance plus good governance at Management and Board Meetings
• Provide financial, HR and IT advice and knowledge to others within the business
• Act as Pension, Payroll and Insurance coordinator and ensure compliance with all policies
• Drive developments in the Company IT systems
Desirable Experience & Skills
• Prior experience managing the full P&L and Balance Sheet
• 2-3 years’ experience as lead finance
• Solid organizational skills
• The ability to be flexible and work independently
• Hands-on with the desire to understand the business
• Proven ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner with accuracy
• Coaching and mentoring colleagues
• Strong written and oral communication skills, able to articulate information clearly and concisely, in a variety of settings and styles
• Financial planning, to include development and evaluation of meaningful metrics
• Computer skills to include advanced Excel, good Word and PowerPoint and a modern ERP system (Currently Access Dimensions but change planned in next 6 months, probably Microsoft Dimensions)
• Payroll administration (10 heads)
• Knowledge of SAP/Access /Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP systems would be useful
• Stock Control Finance would be useful
• Preparation of draft Statutory Accounts and Tax computation
• A driving licence and own transport are desirable due to location
If you are looking for a new role where you will work independently and take accountability for the over finances for a business then click apply below. You will then be asked to attach your most recent CV and complete a short questionnaire.
Title: Financial Controller
Salary: £33K - £38K Depending on Experience
Hours: 8am-5:15pm Monday to Thursday & 8am-1pm Friday
Location: Milton Keynes