30 days ago
LOCATION: Winchester & Portsmouth, Hampshire
JOB TITLE: Finance Project Accountant
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary £37,819 to 41,862 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience (plus 15% pension contribution)
WORKING HOURS: Full Time 35 hours per week, worked flexibly to accommodate the needs of the role - Fixed Term Contract initial period of 6 months, with an option to renew for another 3 months
THE COMPANY & THE ROLE: Do you hold a professional Accounting qualification (part or newly qualified) and do you have experience in financial planning, project management and financial analysis?
The Dioceses of Portsmouth and Winchester share a finance team. The team has recently undergone a review and work is in place to further develop both the team and the systems that support it. They now have a fantastic new opportunity for a new Finance Project Accountant to support the shared finance team, in the Diocese of Winchester and the Diocese of Portsmouth, during a time of heightened change where you will be a key member in driving the transition of a new finance system project.
The Finance Project Accountant will be a wide and varied role but your main focus is to be accountable for monitoring and ensuring successful project delivery for a number of internal financial projects we are currently aspiring to implement over the next 6 months.
The Diocese of Winchester is not only the people, churches and schools that make it up, but also an organisation that supports those communities and governs the Diocese. The Finance Project Account will be a key enabler in supporting the implementation of key finance projects, improving internal controls and procedures. The post holder will also provide some second line support for the project to the procurement and implementation of a new finance management system
Key Responsibilities for the Finance Project Accountant role in Winchester & Portsmouth, Hampshire:
- Participate fully as a member of the Joint Finance Team in the work of the Department, providing reasonable levels of assistance to colleagues during absences, and when workloads are heavy
- Review income streams and evaluate an appropriate analysis monitoring process
- Develop benchmarking & financial models to assist with financial planning
- Assist the finance team with the onsite audit and information / document requests
- Support the finance team to continue to identify and improve efficient procedures & automate processes – with particular view of the new system implementation, working alongside the Project Manager
- Review & monitor the monthly balance sheet reconciliation's, and collate & summarise details of both Diocesan and PCC Trusts
- Validation and audit the accuracy of converted and migrated data, including reconciling converted totals and month-end balances
- Responsible for the creation and mapping for a revised chart of accounts
- Responsible for representing Finance throughout the project and ensuring that ongoing business change is communicated back into the programme and the finance team
*This is not an exhaustive list of duties - A full person specification will be sent to candidates of interest following the initial online application stage
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the Finance Project Accountant will need to hold a Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA – newly and part qualified will be considered) and candidates will also need to have previous experience in financial planning, project management and financial analysis. You will need to have a high level of computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) particularly Excel and will need to be familiar with finance management systems. Experience of working in the Third Sector or a good understanding of Finance within Third Sector organisations would be beneficial and candidates will need to be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people, and be someone who works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Due to the rural location of the offices, and with occasional travel to Portsmouth being required, candidates will need to have a valid UK Driving Licence and use of their own vehicle.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Finance Project Accountant role in Winchester & Portsmouth, Hampshire :-
- Will need a professional Accounting Qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA - newly and part qualified will be considered)
- Experience in financial project management, planning and analysis essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) particularly Excel
- Experience/Familiarity with finance management systems essential
- Must have driving Licence and use of your own vehicle
- Previous experience in the charity or third sector would be beneficial
Please note, interview dates will be held Wednesday 26th February 2020.
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps
only 26 days until close
only 26 days until close