POSITION: Finance Manager
FIXED TERM CONTRACT FOR 18 MONTHS
SALARY: Competitive salary and benefits
HOURS: 40 hours per week
LOCATION: Doncaster, DN4 9LS
Based in France and internationally by its 11 subsidiaries (England, South Africa, China, Spain, France, Romania and Russia), our client specialises in innovative sanitary equipment throughout the house. The family business, founded in 1977, has grown steadily with a strategy focused on innovation.
Due to continued success the company is seeking to recruit a Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing and controlling the Finance Department which provides accounting and financial services to the organisation; this will also include supervising the credit control and purchase ledger departments.
The role will be to work directly with the Plant Director in the UK heading up the day to day financial activities including; preparation of month end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, audits and year end statutory accounts, annual budget preparation and monitoring of actual performance. This role will also have reporting elements with Group (France).
Implementation and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
Other responsibilities regularly assigned to this role will include general and credit insurance, Pension administration and General Company secretarial administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to):
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other financial information, showing comparison both against budget and previous year.
- Direct supervision over Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger activities.
- Co-ordination of all relevant finance department issues and developments in relation to software systems.
- Assist the Plant Director in the preparation of the Annual Accounts.
- Co-ordinate all internal and external audit procedures and activities.
- Maintain daily control of supervision of the treasury flow for both payments and receivables.
- Maintain control over cash flow forecasting.
- Ensure the integrity of the inventory records from a financial valuation perspective.
- Maintain controls over the recording of fixed asset values and depreciation.
- Support management in the calculation and control over the costing rates for works Labour and overhead.
- Control all insurance aspects of the Company in line with existing insurance policies.
- Control all routine and ad hoc administration procedures, including pension and Company secretarial related issues.
- Undertake any reasonable request of the Company in support of function or objectives
- Deliver a highly skilled, fit for purpose, highly motivated and versatile team to ensure business continuity and reduce business risk. Decide staffing and resource allocation within the site.
- Demonstrate the ability and confidence to lead, and sustain change without conflict.
- Manage and develop the capabilities of your team to build a high performing workforce with a culture of delivery and accountability.
- Reporting systems that accurately reflect achievements in department and business KPIs.
- Ensure consistent or better than budget/forecast throughput, quality and cost performance, volume versus plan, cost per unit, yield against standard.
- Work autonomously and have a proven track record in delivering key targets.
- Provide operational/Financial reports.
- Ideally Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, and CIPFA) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a manufacturing or related company of an equivalent size.
- Strong ability to communication and experience with dealing with challenging situations.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the team.
- Methodical and disciplined in approach to achieving goals.
- Excellent communications skills and experience with dealing with challenging situations.
- Knowledge of systems.
- Ability to make balanced and informed decisions.
- Process oriented.
- Understanding of overall business objectives.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Remains abreast of all development in employment law.
- Have excellent English language skills.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Finance Manager, Finance, Payroll, Accounts, Accountant, Accountancy Vacancies, Financial Controller, Managerial, Supervisor, Finance administrator, Finance Officer, Accountancy, Finance, Banking and Finance, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA