6 months ago
A dynamic and caring business with over 44 years of experience, this employer are specialists in their industry. A respected and trusted brand supported by a team who really care about their customers.
They are currently seeking an experienced part-time Finance Assistant to join their small but fast-paced Finance team based in Caerphilly.
The work will include:
- Preparation of accruals and prepayment, reconciliation to nominal ledger
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Recording, matching, and coding of invoices and credit notes
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Resolving supplier queries
- Preparing supplier payments
- Liaising with suppliers and staff within the business to address invoice queries, invoices on hold and to obtain authorisation from budget holders
- Ad hoc duties to assist with credit control
- Bank reconciliation
- Maintenance of supplier ledger
At least 3 years previous experience within a Finance department is essential, including the handling of expense claims, VAT treatment and an awareness of prepayments and accruals and other business ledger competencies. You must have adequate experience and be competent in the use of computerised accounting software and MS Excel. The ability to communicate effectively is important, and a flexible approach to work with the ability to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met. The knowledge of stock control systems would be desirable.
Expected 25 hours per week
Hourly rate between £9.20 and £9.65 (negotiable based on experience)
Free on-site parking.
Work pattern can be negotiated.
Location is Caerphilly, South Wales. Hours can be flexed to suit your situation.
Interested? Get in touch soon.