about 1 month ago
Finance and Operations Manager
Salary: £40,000 pa
Our client is looking for a motivated individual with a background in Finance and a good understanding of how a small business runs. The position will be based in our clients office near Treforest Industrial Estate, north of Cardiff. The successful candidate will report into the Finance Director and the Business Operations Director.
The job holder is required to manage, oversee and actively process all financial and business operational aspects of the company. The successful candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience within a management role with a strong background in Finance and a minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience. They should also have a degree or equivalent, a high level of competence using web-based Finance software and Microsoft Excel and should also have a good understanding of CIS, VAT, tax and other compliance implications of running a small business. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is also required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage the entire process of billing, expenses, CIS, VAT & invoicing activity using two different financial software packages
• Manage the end to end process for the high volume of sub-contractor billing and client invoicing
• Manage the Office Manager and our external payroll provider
• Prepare, review and provide the senior team with all financial reports monthly for board meetings which you will be in attendance
Office and business operations
• Take overall responsibility for all business operations and activities including managing the Office Manager, ensuring that the companies operate efficiently and in accordance with company policy and procedures in a compliant manner in relation to the following:- GDPR / Data Protection / Confidentiality / Privacy- Human Resources including providing advice and support to Senior Management- IT, telephone and internet systems & communications- Health & Safety (office & HR operations only)- Insurance (public, employers and professional indemnity)- TPG Web Desk : clients inhouse software management system used by staff and accessed by clients and contractors.- Marketing including targeted email marketing, business development, social media and company Website content including blogs/case studies.
As this is a senior position the applicant must have experience of running a small business or have been in charge of a medium size department in a large organisation.
Click the 'Apply' button below to submit a CV and cover letter online today.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
28 days ago
only 0 hours until close
27 days ago
only 24 hours until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close