3 months ago
Experienced Bid Writer
Newcastle upon Tyne
About Our Client
Our client is a leading independent bid writing company based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Supporting clients across the UK bidding into the public sector, they now have vacancies for two permanent bid writers to work from their office in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Previous experience is a pre-requisite as this is not a trainee role.
As an independent bid writing consultancy they provide support to clients across a diverse range of industries and sectors. They therefore require a candidate who is able to write compelling, persuasive text across a very wide-ranging field of businesses and functions. The role requires you to be comfortable with creating content for small independent companies one week and multi-billion-pound organisations the next. It is therefore necessary that the candidate is a talented writer with significant bid writing experience for both types of organisations and possess multi-sector experience. You should also have the confidence to lead and manage bids completely unsupported.
Our client works in a very fast paced environment and you will be writing multiple bids concurrently whilst simultaneously managing clients and their expectations. You will need to be hardworking with excellent attention to detail and possess a good sense of humour and work well under pressure.
• Create business winning documentation that accurately reflects the client as a whole, to a standard that ensures completed proposals meet the bid specifications and guarantees the best possible chance of creating a winning bid
• Project manage the bid process end to end on own initiative in a pressured. deadline-driven environment
• Objectively appraise tender submissions and complete internal quality assurance checks
• Manage client relationships and maintain existing individual bid libraries
• Provide technical and commercial writing skills, displaying creative flair in tender submissions
• Support and guidance to other writers and internal stakeholders on preparing written documents and presentations
• Review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learned to promote continuous improvement
• Become involved in all aspects of the business, including strategy, sales, business development and quality management
Skills and Experience:
• A business qualification would be advantageous
• Proven track record in delivering bids and proposal management
• Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• Experience of working in a busy, continually pressured bid writing environment
• Sound commercial business understanding and risk awareness
• Excellent project and client management skills
• Able to write business winning narrative quickly and to a deadline
• Show high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions
• Confident with working unsupervised
Some travel may be required for the purpose of client meetings (all travel expenses are paid)
• 25 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
• Private medical health care
• Performance related bonus
• Free car parking
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and so encourage applications from all sections of the community
To apply for this Experienced Bid Writer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
28 days ago
only 6 hours until close
28 days ago
only 6 hours until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close