about 1 year ago
Experienced Bid Writer
Location: Nominally Glasgow but primarily remote working
Salary: subject to experience; OTE of £33,000-£35,000 after training
Our client is a leading bid writing company based in Newcastle upon Tyne and Glasgow. Due to continued significant expansion they now have a vacancy for two full-time permanent bid writers in Glasgow.
As an independent bid writing consultancy, our client provides support to clients across a diverse range of industries and sectors. They therefore require a candidate with a proven ability to write compelling, persuasive text across a very wide range of businesses and functions. The role requires you to be comfortable with creating content for small independent companies one week and multi-billion-pound organisations the next. It is therefore necessary that the candidate is a talented writer with significant bid writing experience for both types of organisations and possesses multi-sector experience. You should also have the confidence to lead and manage bids completely unsupported.
Our client works in a very fast paced environment and you will be writing multiple bids concurrently whilst simultaneously managing clients and their expectations. You will need to be hardworking with excellent attention to detail and must be able to work well under pressure.
The role will predominantly require you to work remotely (i.e. from your own home). You must therefore be skilful and comfortable with working independently. You will be supported by the clients senior team and other writers, but due to the remote nature of the role it is essential that you have demonstrable experience in writing winning tenders.
• Create business winning documentation that accurately reflects the client as a whole, to a standard that ensures completed proposals meet the bid specifications and guarantees the best possible chance of creating a winning bid
• Project manage the bid process end-to-end on your own initiative in a pressured, deadline-driven environment
• Interview clients to gather information and evidence relevant to the bid, manage client relationships and maintain existing individual bid libraries
• Provide technical and commercial writing skills, displaying creative flair in tender submissions
• Support and guidance to other writers and internal stakeholders on preparing written documents and presentations
• Review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learned to promote continuous improvement
• Objectively appraise tender submissions and complete internal quality assurance checks
• Become involved in all aspects of the business, including strategy, sales, business development and quality management
Skills and Experience:
• A business qualification would be advantageous
• Proven track record in delivering bids and proposal management
• Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• Experience of working in a continually pressured bid writing environment
• Sound commercial business understanding and risk awareness
• Excellent project and client management skills
• Able to write business winning narrative quickly and to a deadline
• Show high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions
• Confident with working unsupervised
Some travel may be required for the purpose of client meetings (all travel expenses are paid)
• 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
• Private medical health care
• Performance-related bonus
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity, and so encourage applications from all sections of the community
To apply for this Experienced Bid Writer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.