18 days ago
You will join our client as an Executive Assistant and will provide administrative support to the Chief Executive including managing the Chief Executive’s calendar: meetings and travel and supporting the Chief Executive in her engagements on social media. You will be the first point of contact for Office management and will oversee HR admin functions and filing systems.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage the Chief Executive’s diary: organising meetings, travel and filing expenses and ensuring the Chief Executive has all the necessary info and documents.
- Providing social media suggestions (in consultation with the Communications team).
- Undertake administrative tasks for meetings including taking minutes.
- Assist the Trustees in the organisation of UK Board and Sub-committee meetings, including preparing and circulating documents and taking minutes.
- Organise new staff and Trustee recruitment and onboarding activity.
- Manage HR systems and ensure that staff HR files are complete and up to date.
- Review, improve and maintain filing, process and record-keeping systems on a regular basis.
- Oversee the management of the office space including liaising with contractors, landlords and other third parties, ensuring all kitchen and office supplies are fully stocked.
- Manage the Team email and phone systems, adding and removing users and maintaining the appropriate level of access for each of the team members.
Executive Assistant Requirements:
- Strong written and spoken English, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous Personal Assistant (PA) experience.
- Confident engaging on social media and a good understanding of what engages a diverse audience on international development issues.
- Excellent diary management skills.
- Attention to detail, proactive with good organisational and time management skills.
- Co-ordinating and organising meetings including taking minutes.
- Office and administrative experience.
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines and under pressure, juggling numerous and different priorities.
- Ability to use Word to create and edit documents.
- Flexibility, problem solving and good judgement.
- Friendly, collaborative and a team player.
- Interest in working for a small, dynamic organisation.
- Experience in providing social media support to Chief Executive.
- Experience of HR administration.
- Experience of developing efficient processes.
- Experience of working in the charity sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of Africa and the development context.
Our client champions equity, inclusion, and diversity in every aspect of their work. They encourage applications from candidates from a broad range of backgrounds. They respect and value the many different ways in which individuals can demonstrate the experience, skills and potential they seek.
About our client:
They are Africa’s leading health charity. They work with women and girls to secure the right to health and break the cycle of poverty. Headquartered in Nairobi, they are a truly African organisation, partnering with communities across the continent to create lasting change.
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Maternity Cover (14 months)
Hours: Part Time, (3 days/wk)
Salary: £30,000 per annum FTE
Closing date – 5pm on Monday 15th June
Interviews – Monday 21st to Wednesday 23rd June
Benefits: an attractive and competitive salary, a commitment to employee development, high levels of engagement and involvement, time off in lieu (TOIL) for work outside of standard hours, flexible working, with core hours of 10am - 4pm, generous pension scheme, holiday allowance (25 days + bank holidays + 3 additional days at Christmas), season ticket loan, cycle-to-work scheme.
You may have experience of the following: PA, Personal Assistant, EA, Executive Assistant, PA to CEO, Senior Secretary, Corporate Secretary, Senior PA etc.