11 months ago
Exams Officer and Office Manager
24 hours at £9-£9.50 per hour
Examinations officers play a pivotal role in schools and colleges in the administration, management and conducting of examinations. Exams officer supports teaching colleagues and students and parents.
• To manage all aspects of internal and external examinations in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
• To process exam entries and results.
• To use the systems/applications within school.
• To support the work of the administration team.
Exams Officer and Office Manager
An examinations officer's role covers:
• Liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including students, parents, Heads of Departments, Heads of Years, Head of Centre, teachers, reception staff, site staff, IT staff and awarding organisations
• Being aware of examination changes each academic year
• Managing invigilators. This includes training new invigilators and updating existing invigilators on rules and regulation changes on an annual basis
• Updating examination-related policies
• Managing the examination entry process, including gathering information from teaching staff to ensure that students' examination entries are made correctly and on time, making amendments/withdrawals etc.
• Managing the examination preparation process. This includes preparing examination timetables for students and staff; creating seating plans for each examination room; briefing candidates, staff and parents; receiving, checking and securely storing confidential examination materials; administering internal assessment etc.
• Supporting the process relating to access arrangements (for example; supporting the SENCo in making applications, rooming, training invigilators, managing emergency access arrangements etc.)
• Managing examination days in accordance with awarding body regulations, including preparing for each exam day, starting an examination, dealing with emergencies, irregularities and malpractice, ending the examination, collecting the examination scripts and packing and dispatching examination scripts
• Contingency planning
• Managing examination results. This includes accessing results electronically/downloading results from awarding body secure sites and preparing for results to be disseminated to each student/candidate
• Dealing with requests and administering post-results services
• Issuing examination certificates
Skills and experience you will need
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
• An understanding of multiple IT systems
• Ability to work under pressure
To work as part of the admin team:
• To be responsible for the integrity of student data held within the school system (finance and personnel) including all admissions/leavers
• To input student data efficiently and accurately into the school system, including student admissions, attendance, reports and certificates, behaviour management, data management, school reporting systems and parent's evening, as required.
• To provide support and manage reception area, as and when required.
• To assist with provision of first aid to students and staff, maintaining records of actions
• To respond to problems associated with in the School system and liaise with Support team (technicians), Teachers and Management as appropriate to resolve issues
• Provide support to the school administration team
• Support teachers and management in meetings and taking minutes, recording these accurately and maintaining these records.
• Light housekeeping duties; keeping the reception area presentable and clean, classrooms and all students facilities.
• Daily updates on SSC Twitter page, Facebook page, mail merge; emails and letters to students/parents and Agents.
Qualification and Experience
The post holder should have and exhibit:
• Excellent organisation, administrative, time management and problem solving skills
• Examinations experience preferably (training provided)
• A genuine commitment to high expectations for student progress and welfare
• Capable of working under pressure to meet tight deadlines without supervision
• Accurate data input skills and attention to detail
• Willing and able to work flexible and/or additional hours when required to adapt to changing priorities
• Able to communicate effectively with staff, students and external organisations
• Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team, understanding school roles & responsibilities and your own position within these
• Able to follow and enforce mandatory regulations
• An understanding of and commitment to General Data Protection Regulations and confidentiality
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Technical IT skills particularly the ability to use all School software systems together with Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel.
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Excellent Literacy skills preferable
• Full training given.
Health and Safety:
• Be aware of the responsibility for Health, Safety, Safeguarding and Welfare and that of others who may be affected by your actions or inactions.
• Co-operate with the employer on all issues to do with Health, Safety, Safeguarding, Child Protection, GDPR and Welfare
*This list is not exhaustive
This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
This job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to modification or amendment after consultation and agreement with the postholder.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff to share this commitment
Issued July 2019
To apply for this Exams Officer and Office Manager role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.