12 months ago
Information on the company
This company is an events venue bringing together ice skating, bowling and great food with an onsite MEATliquor restaurant. Located at London’s only ice rink, built in 1931, this iconic building has been recently rebuilt and transformed, and was voted by GQ as one of the coolest activity bars in London for 2017.
This is a 2 month internship paying £1,600 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the team to assist with managing bookings and larger events during the busiest time of the year, the lead up to Christmas. The role and your responsibilities will develop as you become familiar with how everything works and this will be a really fun whilst busy, working environment. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate unsure about their career direction and looking to work for a fun, friendly and ambitious events and hospitality company, particularly suited to those interested in a career in these industries.
Tasks you will be responsible for include:
• Initially your time will be spent learning about the different types of venue bookings, from dealing with different audiences and also to managing these at a venue with multiple booking options.
• You’ll be trained on how to use the internal booking platform, how to use the phone systems and email booking forms too.
• Once you’re familiar with the internal operations you’ll move onto managing basic incoming bookings and customer support, answering any queries, troubleshooting and trying to ensure all customers have a great experience by ensuring all information is communicated in a clear and concise manner.
• As your become more familiar with the operations and systems you will start working on larger bookings and more overarching event and venue management support during the lead up to Christmas when large corporate parties will be organised with various external suppliers, themes, designs etc.
• There will be opportunity to widen your responsibilities to customer facing activities should this be of interest and completely depends what direction you want to take within the team.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• A clear, concise and confident communicator.
• Comfortable using MS Office and familiar with its different programmes.
• Excited by the activities on offer, all of which will be free for you to try.
• A people person who enjoys talking to, people!
• A fun and friendly individual who wants to work with a like minded team.
• Enjoys working in team environments, pulling together and working towards a common goal.
• A positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• This company is a part of a bigger group that owns Ronnie Scotts, The Old Vic and other theatres, hotels and restaurants, making this a great opportunity to develop contacts and knowledge of London’s entertainment and hospitality sector.
• This company have a very high retention of staff and encourage growth of the individual to raise in experience, status and pay.
• You’ll be encouraged to try all venue activities free of charge.
• You’ll get a free welcome meal at MEATliquor and enjoy a 33% staff discount thereafter.
• This company operate a multi-faceted venue, so can work with you to identify what sectors you enjoy and continue your career in.
Apply for this role