4 months ago
Estimator / Project Coordinator
Wigginton, York (YO32 2RB)
This is a fundamental role that will see you implementing and developing administrative systems for three Companies in order to protect the health and safety of everyone in the workplace and other duties as described below. The companies operate from premises on Wigginton Road, three miles from York's outer ring road.
The Estimator/Project Coordinator is responsible for organising project quotations, material purchases, maintaining the compliance procedures of the company following an established management system and for scheduling service, MOT and repair programmes for company vehicles together with other duties as described below.
Main duties and responsibilities:-
• Assisting with preparation of quotations.
• Coordinating projects to achieve completion on time and within budget.
• Ensuring the Health and Safety management systems are followed in line with company policy including production of site specific RAMs.
• Monitoring other staff to ensure scheduled health and safety and equipment checks are carried out in a timely manner.
• To assist the Company Manager with the recording and reporting of accidents at work.
• To oversee the testing and maintenance of the office and warehouse fire and intruder alarms.
• Producing risk assessments and method statements using a company template.
• Ensuring all relevant site documentation is in place to ensure safe working practices.
Trade Association/Accreditation Schemes
• Keeping up to date with relevant Trade Association information.
• Monitoring and annual renewal of CHAS accreditation.
• Managing Constructionline membership.
Equipment and Materials
• Ordering materials and equipment for projects.
• Maintaining and updating the register of hazardous materials used.
• Maintaining the ladder register and monitoring/updating.
• Managing warranty applications for systems installed.
• Monitoring PAT testing and LOLER certification of power tools and hoists and maintaining the database.
• Monitoring rental and tracking of Gas bottles
• Using a computerised vehicle tracking system to collect and record data on company vehicles (eg mileage, service schedule, maintenance history and first aid kits).
• Carrying out regular verification checks on sub-contractors using external databases.
• Performing credit checks on customers as required.
• Managing purchase orders
• Obtaining prices for materials to ensure best price achieved.
• Assisting in written and photographic descriptions of products for sale and maintaining inventory in conjunction with website personnel.
• Undertaking training as and when required with relevance to the role.
• Performing any other duties that may be necessary as this role develops.
Experience and Skills:-
• Previous administration experience is essential, preferably in a Health and Safety environment or similar.
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Accurate report writing and administrative skills.
• Practical and proactive with excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the business.
• IT skills, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and within a team.
• An understanding of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations is preferable.
Remuneration and Contract:-
• Remuneration is competitive.
• Permanent contract after the completion of a satisfactory three month probationary period.
• Generous pension scheme available to all office-based employees.
To apply for this Estimator / Project Coordinator role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.