7 months ago
Editorial Assistant - Bristol
Our client is one of the fastest growing online publishing companies in the industry. The company has grown in a very short time with annual revenues over 25m and headcount increasing to approximately 100 employees over four offices worldwide.
Our client exists to make digital publishing become profitable. Their mission is to provide publishers with the toolkit to automate and simplify audience development and ad operations, ultimately creating better content and building more sustainable companies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright Editorial Assistant looking for the next step up. Based in their vibrant Bristol office, the post holder will be involved in applying their creative writing skills by putting facts into words. They will also get involved in sourcing article ideas and assisting with briefing writers and shaping listicles.
This role offers lots of creating thinking and opportunities for development and progression in the future.
• Liaise skilfully with a range of staff, from freelancers and new hires on editorial matters
• Sub-editing, Fact-checking, copy-editing and proofreading
• Working closely with the editorial team members
• Sourcing article idea and accurately taking facts and constructing into own words
• Assisting with planning and budgeting
• Using Wordpress to edit/publish articles
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Highly organised with the capacity to juggle many activities
• Strong time management skills who can meet numerous deadlines whilst maintaining a consistently high level of performance
• Effective communicator who has the ability to work effectively with the editorial teams
• Good creative writing skills required to accurately put facts into one's own words
• Excellent attention to detail with good initiative
• Previous experience of writing professionally published pieces of content would be highly advantageous
• Exposure to Wordpress and basic HTML would be desirable
• Preferably some picture research skills and knowledge of image editing tools
• Familiarity with Excel/Google spreadsheets
• Ideally NCTJ qualified (or with equivalent experience)
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003