The Data Protection Administrator will be fully supported with learning and developmental opportunities.
Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline, with 10 UK bases covering many of the UK and Europe's main cities. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent level of service to our customers and adopt the same approach to our employees at our Exeter head office and beyond. Based within close proximity to the M5, our offices are easily accessible to commuters living in the South West.
Working within and being a part of the Data Protection Team the core focus of this role is providing high quality and diligent administrative support, including data protection investigations, dealing with queries, assisting with data protection subject access requests, maintaining the data protection mailbox, spreadsheets and recording systems and being the key point of initial contact for external and internal stakeholders.
Working closely with the Data Protection Officer to support implementing the Data Protection strategy across the business. You will also be providing advice and clear guidance on Data Protection matters and supporting internal teams in adhering to Flybe Data Protection Policy.
* Acting as initial point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
* Carrying out data management procedures audits to check compliance within the company
* Maintaining the Data Protection mailbox
* Participating in meetings including taking minutes, ensuring actions are logged and risk logs updated
* Assisting the DPO in updating and improving intranet guides and procedures on data protection
* Assisting the DPO in undertaking audits and determining whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
* Keeping the Information Asset Register up-to-date by engaging with Information Asset Owners.
* Ensuring accurate records are kept relating to Data Subject Access Requests
* Ensuring all queries from data subjects are processed within legal timeframes (e.g. Access, Erasure and rectification of their information from our databases)
* Processing requests for data from UK and Overseas authorities
* Liaising with other organisations that process data on our behalf to complete DSARs and work on general queries
* Ensuring incident management procedures are followed for privacy breaches by logging the initial contact.
* Arranging training for Information Asset Owners and Application Managers on their responsibilities
* Dealing with ad-hoc matters as may be required from time to time
Health and Safety
* Understanding individual operational safety and security responsibilities
* Being responsible for your personal health and safety at work
* Reporting any health and safety concerns or observations in accordance Flybe procedures
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* English and Maths GCSE A* - C (or equivalent qualification or experience)
* Customer focussed communication skills (both written and verbal able to demonstrate through qualification of equivalent experience as above)
* Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office demonstrated through previous experience in a similar or administrative support role (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
* Basic knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
* Experience of handling confidential information
* Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliances
* Able to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
* Able to demonstrate attention to detail and diligence in checking work
* Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised
* Proactive and resilient with the ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
* Positive and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
* Administration experience in a comparable busy office environment
* Flexible including some occasional travel to other locations
* Previous experience in data protection and or legal compliance
* Knowledge of data processing operations in the company's sector
* A data protection qualification
Act as a role model for the organisation by demonstrating the Flybe values:
* Care & Respect Each Other
* Look After Our Customers
* Own Our Actions
* Strive For Better
* Everyone Together