Customer Services Officer (Housing, Property, Administrator) CONN89450
Dewsbury based with some occasional travel to Leeds
£23,991 + Total Rewards Benefits Package
Our client provides an in-house repairs service for their properties. They have an opportunity in their Property Services Team for an experienced Customer Services Officer to join them. The role is to deal with all customer enquiries relating to maintenance and arrange for repairs to be carried out where required along with the administration and co-ordination needed to provide an effective and efficient repair service. This will be a varied and interesting role, with a great deal of emphasis on customer service and task ownership for the successful candidate.
Their customers are at the heart of everything they do. They strive to achieve excellence in delivering both external and internal customer services. Being customer focused and having the right attitude and enthusiasm are key ingredients for this role. You will be an experienced professional with drive, excellent customer service and organisation skills.
We are therefore looking for an individual who has significant experience in a customer service and administrative role within a property maintenance environment. It is essential to have previous experience in dealing with diverse communities, tenant/customer complaints and a proven track record of successfully resolving them. In addition to the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a confident phone manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To act as first point of contact for all customer enquiries to answer, investigate and resolve customer enquiries relating to repairs.
• Receiving, diagnosing repair problems and determining appropriate actions in accordance with agreed standards and policies, and processing requests for maintenance services
• Deal with and resolve disputes relating to repairs
• Scheduling works for in house maintenance operatives, determining the appropriate trades and time required to complete specific maintenance.
• Raising and onward processing of works orders and invoices, ensuring the correct budget codes, SLAs and schedule of rates items are used, undertaking other communication and administrative tasks associated with the efficient conduct of maintenance activities.
• Selecting and contacting the most appropriate contractors from the Association’s approved list to place orders for works in accordance with agreed standards and policies.
• Purchase the correct materials to fulfil repair order requirements, taking into account lead-times, logistics and price in accordance with the procurement agreements in place.
Key Knowledge and Skills
• Experience of delivering high level customer service standards and administrative services in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
• Experience of IT systems for customer-related data collection, processing, finance systems, purchasing goods and supplies, databases.
• Needs to have a flexible and collaborative working style to work with and support a small team.
• Calm, patient and resilient. Able to work under pressure and to cope creatively and effectively with a demanding workload.
• Ability to assimilate a range of information and make reasoned, logical and appropriate judgements quickly and confidently, sometimes innovatively, in line with organisation policies, priorities and value for money.
TEMPORARY UNTIL OCTOBER 2020 | FULL TIME 37 HPW