Customer Service Representative BLUC86753
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of foils, laminates and holographic materials which provide exceptional brand enhancement for consumer goods and printed media worldwide. With roots in the British paper industry, the company’s reputation is founded on a trading history going back over a century.
Operating from thirteen locations across Europe, America and Asia. API’s packaging solutions enable companies across a wide-range of industry sectors including premium drinks, confectionery, tobacco, perfumery, personal-care, cosmetics and healthcare to empower their brands on the shelf and in the hand.
They are now looking to recruit a customer service representative to join their Team in Sheffield.
The Customer Service Representative will build strong rapport with each allocated customer, processing orders, enquiries, supporting order inventory and shipping requirements with high attention to detail. In addition, contribute to improving the OTIF rate for the business and build strong working relationships with all members of the wider Commercial Team.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
• Ensuring all orders are raised accurately to aid production and support OTIF performance
• Build strong relationships with customers and work reactively / proactively to encourage growth in future order value and assist where required
• Take a proactive stance to identify delivery problems and work with the customer to reach a solution
• Work with procurement on additional purchasing for site
• Assist with onsite stock movements and month end stock take
• Process orders from customers, provide advice on the availability of product(s) and provide confirmed delivery dates, price.
• Enter order details into the order management system
• Know current lead times for each grade and encourage customers to place orders in advance of the minimum lead time period
• Proactively contact the customer prior to the shipment date to confirm the order remains on time or to advise of any potential delays
• Analyse OTIF for each order and provide an explanation of the cause of any late deliveries.
• Ensure paperwork requirements for export consignments / shipping are accurate and relevant to each country / customer, minimising any cost implications
• Become familiar with the export shipping system and be capable of entering data into the system, handling the paper output in co-ordination of the order
• Liaise regularly with the relevant departments and Managers to discuss orders due for shipment that week/the following week and assist in any re-scheduling required
• Contribute to the development of improved customer service practices by presenting ideas to the internal review meetings and be prepared to trial new techniques
• Work closely with the Sales Account Manager for each customer in identifying service improvement opportunities
• All telephone and postal duties for site and provide access for collection/deliveries
What you’ll need to help you be successful in the role:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Ability to employ appropriate listening and questioning techniques to establish a situation
• Ability to carry out basic numerical calculations
• Good level of spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Ability to stay calm and professional in pressurised or challenging situations
• Handles customer objections effectively, when delivering uncomfortable messages
• Although not essential, a second language would be desirable
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.