about 1 month ago
Customer Operations: Squad Captain (Weekends)
We’re looking for people-focused Squad Captains to lead and motivate our weekend Customer Operations (COps) squads and deliver a delightful service to our customers.
We're building the best possible banking experience for and with our community of customers. We aim to delight people by making their financial lives simpler, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class, 24/7 support.
Our customer operations team is at the heart of Monzo: every person in this team not only cares about our customers’ problems, but is empowered to solve them quickly and with minimal fuss. We work in small squads of 8-10 people, which are split between communication channels and time periods. For example, some squads specialise in social media responses, others in helping customers over the phone or responding via in-app chat. In addition, some squad members are office based and others work remotely around the world.
As a weekend Squad Captain, you would be responsible for providing tailored support to each individual member of your squad and coordinating their work. The key goal of your squad will be to ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied, and their issues are resolved quickly and completely.
This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming - whether it is helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
Your focus will be on helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development, listening to them, guiding them through hard times, and celebrating their successes.
Every day you’ll spend your time:
• Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and ensuring everyone stays focussed on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives
• Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their goals
• Helping your team with the most difficult queries and empowering them to take ownership of complex issues
• Regularly reviewing your team’s customer interactions to identify areas of potential improvement, both individually and structurally
• Encouraging your team to identify and seize opportunities to make a difference to customers and our ways of working
• Managing performance by delivering regular, honest feedback and inspiring your squad members to master their craft
• Motivating your squad, particularly through challenging periods - for example, we are growing rapidly and need to ensure that COps remain engaged and customer-focused during periods of high demand
• Ensuring each member of your team is able to best deploy their strengths and develop new skills
• Working closely with other Monzo managers to share best practices and support each other
You should apply if:
• You have ideally directly line-managed successful teams of 8-10 people and helped them achieve their individual goals
• You have an empathetic and developmental leadership style
• You have experience of motivating teams working on ongoing operational work
• You have worked in a customer-centric role
• You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
• You are comfortable working remotely
• You are available to work on the weekends
In order to be an effective squad captain you will need to know the ins and outs of the Customer Operations job, so you will start off as a frontline support COp. This will ensure that you’re fully trained and equipped to support your squad. When you’re fully versed with all things COps you will then start the Squad Captain role.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options. Weekend staff are also offered a salary multiplier for operating outside of the standard working week.
You can work full-time or part-time (at least three days), covering Saturday, Sunday, and 1-3 weekdays.
We are hiring for both day time and evening roles. Day time shifts start between 7AM and 12PM, on a rotational basis, and evening shifts begin at 3PM. We’ll always try to accommodate your other commitments.
The interview process will be 30-minute phone call, a practical exercise, and two consecutive one-hour interviews (from one of our two offices, in London or Cardiff).
Work can be completed remotely or from our office in central Cardiff, depending on your preference. If successful, you'll join a growing team of customer operations specialists who, with the help of our exceptional engineers, designers, product people, and banking experts, are on a mission to change banking forever.
27 days ago
only 24 hours until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close