The ultimate goal of the Credit team is the maximisation of profitable Sales over the shortest acceptable period and with the minimum of bad debt losses.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience within credit control, have excellent communication skills, with an enthusiastic approach towards work and have a good record of reliability in terms of attendance and punctuality.
A typical week would include:
* Proactively contact clients / internal contacts for prompt collection or resolution of aged receivables
* Driving cash flow targets by strong portfolio management & relationship building
* Working with relevant client partners & divisions to achieve all Firm KPI's where applicable
* Raising the profile of the credit control department
* Engaging key stakeholders & continuously drive credit control strategy by building relationships
* Resolving customer receivable issues and disputes
* Developing excellent relationships with key contacts within organisations
* Full day to day management of assigned portfolio by accurate codification, collections comments & dispute identification
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Demonstrable Credit Control experience in a corporate environment
* Exposure to either the Professional Services or Construction industries would be an advantage; as would membership of the Institute of Credit Management (or studying for ICM exams)
* A good understanding of the basic concepts of Credit Management
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced dynamic environment demonstrating success at reducing aged debts & improving metrics;
* Successfully manage multiple tasks & priorities;
* Strong time management & demonstrate experience in meeting deadlines & targets;
* Proactive / self starter with positive can do attitude;
* Attention to detail & deliver high quality work;
* Change orientation approach to role;
* Excellent interpersonal & team work skills cultivating long term relationships at all levels of own & customer's organisation;
* Excellent verbal & written communication;
* Be customer focused;
In return, you will recieve a fantastic salary of up to £26,000 - working for a very well established comapny in the heart of manchester.
Please contact Ashleigh Daniels, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.