A law firm in Manchester City Centre are looking to recruit a Credit Controller to support an insurance group. This role requires the Credit Controller to work as part of a wider team to provide administration support where necessary.
As the Credit Controller you will be responsible for the following:
* Ensure invoice debts are collected in a timely manner
* Hold regular meetings with partners and clients to ensure all relevant debts are chased as necessary
* Following up overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed time scales
* Maintaining accurate notes on the credit control database which is used to keep a record of outstanding invoices and may be used to manage the scheduling of payment chasing
* Dealing with queries from case handlers, clients and other members of the Finance Department.
* Daily communication with cashiers and billing assistants.
* Establish working relationships with the partners in dealing with outstanding debts.
* The Credit Controller will also need to use Elite to make general invoice enquiries. A working knowledge of Excel and Elite Enterprise is necessary for ad hoc queries and providing schedules to clients
* Cash collection and debtor day targets are agreed each month for each practice area of the firm, and debtor ageing levels are monitored
* Regular team meetings with the Senior Credit Controller are used to establish the most appropriate approach for chasing outstanding debts in the forthcoming period
* The role requires a methodical approach to ensure all relevant debts are chased but the successful candidate will also need to be convincing and persuasive when communicating with clients and partners
* All duties necessary to support the management of outstanding client debts in line with agreed targets
Ideally you will have Credit Control experience, preferably within a law firm thought this is not necessary. You will have the ability to communicate at a senior level, the ability to manage and prioritise an extensive workload whilst also meeting other ah hoc objectives.
In return you will receive a salary of up to £24500 and the opportunity to work for a brilliant law firm with an excellent reputation. There is a generous holiday allowance and pension contribution.
Please contact Ashleigh Daniels, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.