Credit Controller – £20,000 to £24,000 p/a (DOE) + Bonuses – Battersea, London
Food Republic are looking for a capable and skilled Credit Controller to work closely with the Financial Controller and Directors to manage and maintain control over the credit and debt of the Company. You will be responsible for chasing outstanding invoices to the Company, playing a vital role in Food Republic’s cash flow and ensuring credit given to customers is monitored and controlled effectively.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Credit Controller to join our growing, BRC (Grade A) accredited business that encourages career progression and offers great rates of pay along with an excellent working environment.
The key responsibilities of a Credit Controller include, but are not limited to:
- Chasing debit by telephone and email and to reduce debtor days within agreed timescales, ensuring debts are paid in a timely manner
- Allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Processing and generating reminder letters monthly and when required by the business
- Liaising with the sales and accounts teams to resolve any outstanding queries
- Taking responsibility for daily and monthly reporting, maintaining all account reconciliations
- Investigating and resolving any queries relating to non-payment if invoices
- Working to strict monthly and annual collections targets
- Processing sample reports when required
- Maintaining the Sales ledger and invoices for all deliveries
- Keeping key partners within the business up-to-date with new credit management techniques, practices and any issues
- Adhering to KPIs set out by your line manager (after initial probation period)
- Any other duties, which may be required of you from the Financial Controller or any other, designated person within the business
Based in Battersea, London, Food Republic delivers high quality food and drink products to clients at over 500 locations in the London and the South East area. We are one of the best food ingredients suppliers the city has to offer.
With an annual turnover of over £10 million, we have grown solidly since we commenced trading 10 years ago. We provide reliable delivery services to caterers of all kinds, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
The key skills and qualities of a Credit Controller:
- A-Level educated or equivalent, with previous experience working in a credit controller environment and is comfortable in dealing with high volumes of invoices
- Knowledge of general accountancy procedures and relevant accounting systems, and proficient in data entry, maintaining a high standard of numeracy and level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, having good time management and able to prioritise and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook); knowledge of NAV 2013 or Business Central is preferable
- A strong team player with a flexible attitude and willingness to learn
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.