This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced purchase ledger/ credit controller to join a growing company who specalise in importing and distributing fine spirits.
Job Title: Sales Ledger Accounts/Credit controller
Reports To: Finance Manager
The person will manage sales ledger entries and reconciliations and perform the duties of a credit controller.
The position will also focus on:
• Maintaining sales ledger balances
• Debt collection
• Ad hoc admin/office duties
Major Responsibilities & Expected End-Results.
The major areas of responsibility and the results the incumbent will be expected to achieve.
1. Posting sales invoices/credit notes to the sales ledger and sending them out.
2. Posting and allocating all incoming receipts to the sales ledger.
3. Maintain/reconcile sales ledger and resolve queries and discrepancies.
4. Debt collection via emails/letters/telephone calls within the agreed terms with customers. Send out reminders/statements on a regular basis.
5. Weekly banking and post letters/parcels when needed.
6. Ad hoc admin/office duties: Take calls; order office supplies.
7. Assist order department to resolve queries from customers.
8. Assist Finance Manager with cash flow estimate, write offs and ad hoc tasks when required.
9. HMRC reporting: Monthly EC Sales List and Intrastat, quarterly VAT return
The candidate should offer the following:
1. Intermediate Excel skills; and experience in accounting software. Exact is used in the company.
2. Good telephone manner, be a good communicator and team player.
3. Strong work ethic and demonstrable experience within Credit Control, as well as able to build effective business relationships, prioritise your workload and want to work in an environment where you would be solely responsible for the sales ledger.
4. The candidate needs to be organised, enthusiastic, good time-keeping and hard working.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please contact penny or bijel onfor an indepth conversation .