Credit Control Supervisor
Salary up to GBP27k pa
Hours of work 9-5pm
The role of the supervisor is to guide and manage the credit control team and to ensure the smooth running and collections of an active sales ledger. This is to ensure that outstanding payments are collected on time so that future orders can be dispatched without any delivery disruption.
This role will suit a candidate who has prior experience in managing a team and has proven results in accounts receivables.
-Supervise and overlook 3-5 Credit controllers and their ledgers
-Manage own sales ledger of single & groups accounts
-Overlook the smooth running of all reporting specifically;
Aged debtors report
Acquire service reporting
Didos Musgrave portal
-Manage the month end procedure; producing month end reports
-Review customer Credit Limits
-Processing contras and tidying the ledgers where necessary including credit card payments, cheque payments and allocations
-Chasing accounts via phone and email - Investigate customer queries, liaising with Account Managers and other departments where necessary.
-Monitoring and following the monthly process for collection. This includes managing the sending out letters for accounts on Stop, Stop list and informing Account Managers, liasing closely with all relevant departments and credit controllers
-Chase monthly payments for Group accounts
-Manage the achievement of cash collection, debtor days and aged debt targets through contact with customer and liaison with Account Managers
-Set collection targets with the approval of the FD/FC
-Manage yearly subscriptions eg post machine etc
· Proven experience of supervising a team of Credit Controllers
· Broad experience in credit control and/or accounts administration.
· Good Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel beneficial plus a firm understanding of IT skills
· Excellent telephone skills required to liaise with customers and clients etc to confirm receipt of invoice(s) and date of payment etc
· Ability to understand the underlying transactions behind a process.
· Experience of supervising high volume accounts (2000 plus clients) and high value multi million pound ledgers
· Understanding of sales ledger essential
· Strong track record of aged debt reduction
· Good communicator, the ability to communicate orally and in writing, confident telephone manner, tactful and diplomatic.
· Able to demonstrate success in improving/automating processes
· Ability to work under pressure, deal with tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility as required to perform the role
· Use of Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics advantages or similar ERP system such as SAP, Oracle etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an innovative, dynamic and fast growing organisation!
For more information please contact Neesha Harji at Collective Recruit Ltd.
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. Your details as submitted by you, will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy; by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client's criteria and/or need.