Credit Control Manager – Permanent – Central Bristol – up to £40k per annum
Our client is seeking an experienced Credit Control Manager to join their Bristol team, overseeing the effective and efficient running of the team.
Working closely with the financial controller, this role will be managing a small team and being responsible for credit control and cash collection across multiple sites.
Responsibilities of the role:
· Team management
· Assist in setting cash targets for business and support the business in achieving those targets
· Review, update and analyse the debtor ledger daily, identifying trends and problems areas before using your skills, resources and judgement to maximise cash inflow
· Build relationships with regular clients, including private individuals
· Working alongside the lawyers to determine the most appropriate ways to resolve outstanding accounts and agree and monitor payment terms and plans where appropriate
· Advising on the need to pursue payment through legal action and, where agreed, refer the account to the debt recovery team
· Maintenance of bad debt reserves demonstrating an understanding of the associated accounting principles
· Production of debtor reports for distribution to internal stakeholders and the management team on a regular and ad hoc basis.
· Holding meetings with internal stakeholders to emphasise the importance of cash collection
What is required:
· Proven working history of working in credit control in a professional services or similar environment
· Ideally applicants will hold a credit control qualification such as CICM.
· Experience of using ARCS credit control software (or a similar package) is essential
· Good working knowledge of Excel, use of formulae, particularly pivot tables and v-lookups.
· You will have strong organisational and management skills