8 months ago
JOB TITLE: Conveyancing Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: up to £21K depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Full Time
THE COMPANY: We are pleased to be working with a well-established full service law firm providing legal services to both individuals and businesses and are Lexcel accredited, the practice management quality mark awarded to firms by the law society. With 80 staff and offices in Chichester, West Sussex and also in Fareham and Havant, Hampshire, our client has a strong presence and an outstanding reputation with various awards and accreditations to support their practice.
THE ROLE: Based at the client's Chichester office, the role of a Conveyancing Assistant will involve many aspects of secretarial support as well as assist the overall Conveyancing process on a daily basis. This is a role that offers variety whilst offering support to your colleagues around you.
Key Responsibilities of the Conveyancing Assistant to include:-
• Conveyancing secretarial support
• Assisting, at a secretarial level, the Residential Property Team with the full Conveyancing process from initial enquiries through to completion statements and file closure
• Keeping the internal database up to date
• General office administration duties such as DX, post, stationery orders, filing, emailing, sending faxes, opening and archiving files etc.
• Diary management
• Speaking with clients taking calls, communicating with internal colleagues, clients and external organisations such as agents, mortgage lenders, other conveyancers etc
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the role of Conveyancing Assistant will not necessarily have to be from a legal background. Property experience would be desirable but not essential. Be a proven team player whilst working well in a fast paced environment is essential as well as the ability to follow instructions and offer proactive administrative support.
This role would suit somebody with ample experience in an office / administrative role who may be looking for a challenging new position.
Salary will be based on previous experience.
Key experience essential for the Conveyancing Assistant role:
• Minimum of 1 years experience in an office based role
• Proven team player
• Strong accuracy and communication skills
• Live within a commutable distance of Chichester
Key experience desirable for the Conveyancing Assistant role:
• Property experience desirable but not essential
• Experience working in professional practice beneficial but not essential
Does this sound like you?
If yes, then please hit the “Apply Now” button. You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to further support your CV.