Contact Centre Manager - Travel Tour Operator - East Grinstead £35-38k
This is an exciting opportunity to work for this well known Touring Tour Operator. You will be working in a management team and this role will have ownership and accountability for service delivery, development of staff together with leadership and management of operations, to meet and exceed agreed KPI's and SLA's and comply with FCA requirements. You will ensure that the Team Leaders and Team Leader Supports carry out their roles in the most effective, and efficient manner and to assist the team in operational requirements within the Contact Centre. The role has a significant influence on customer satisfaction and employee engagement and includes the ongoing management of change.
Contact Centre Manager - Travel Tour Operator - Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
* Develop and implement a strategic approach to daily/weekly operational performance to ensure Key Performance Indicators, within own specific portfolio (i.e. Overseas Travel & Overseas Travel Insurance) and across functions, are met.
* Regular liaison with Resource team to ensure sufficient resource available at all times to deliver against operational plan.
* To ensure that agreed Health & Safety risk assessments, policies and procedures are implemented across the department and that associated work is audited and reviewed on a regular basis.
* To champion and support continuous improvement within the operational areas.
* To ensure that service level agreements are consistently adhered to and there is compliance with FCA guidelines. To ensure systems and controls are in place to meet all other regulatory requirements.
* To work cross functionally within a team to achieve consistent service levels for all product groups. To liaise regularly with Senior Managers, Heads of Departments and 3rd party suppliers, to ensure consistency of service delivery in line with the agreed business objectives.
* To lead, motivate and develop a group of Team Leaders and Team Leader Supports by reviewing the objectives, performance and competencies of each individual, to enable the department to deliver against all targets, taking appropriate corrective action(s) where necessary.
* To ensure all client contacts are handled efficiently, irrespective of delivery channel (i.e. telephone - inbound and outbound, email, webchat, social, post etc).
* To represent the Contact Centre in strategic workgroups relevant to areas of responsibility
* To represent the Company at shows and events - leading a small team where appropriate. Promoting benefits of membership to attract new business and providing service to existing members
Contact Centre Manager - Travel Tour Operator - Essential Skills & Experience Required:
* Proven track record of managing large teams of people and complex operational areas in a customer led, call/contact centre environment.
* Experience within the travel sector would be a significant advantage, but is not essential.
* Proven awareness of social media channels and the related service expectations. Experience of responding to customer feedback / queries via those channels would be beneficial but is not essential.
* Able to make and implement strategic decisions on operational issues, taking account of customer needs, and delivery against KPI's.
* Design and implement training and resource plans for the department - ensuring resource available.
* Experience of influencing decisions at all levels of an organisation.
* Proven track record in delivering significant customer service improvements in a multifunctional environment, demonstrating a sound understanding of the importance of customer service.
* Experience of liaising with external partners, third party suppliers and key account decision makers.
* Ability to reflect the balance between business goals, profitability and member retention and satisfaction.
* Ability to assess and manage risks associated with decisions made outside of normal routine structure and process for the best interest of the company and the client.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Previous experience of an Avaya Aura telephony system would be beneficial but is not essential
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.