8 months ago
£25,000 - £30,000 pa depending on experience
Full time / Permanent
Reporting to: Operations Director
Focusing in the domestic and commercial insurance market, our client, a construction company, works with some of the biggest insurance and claims management companies in the UK. With specialist services and their own in-house trade teams, they deal with everything from complete rebuilds and refurbishments of both commercial and residential properties.
Established in 1985, they aim to drive growth over the next few years by investing in their most important asset, their people. They want team members who are keen on developing higher levels of service through their own personal development, something they invest heavily in and which is demonstrated by their Investors in People and Chartered Building status. They are also in the process of becoming NHBC registered.
The motivation of our client is simple - to establish and grow a high-end Welsh building services provider with year-on year-growth, delivering building repairs through a team of highly skilled and qualified professionals, within specific market sectors demanding high levels of service.
Responsible for ensuring that the Group has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods, services and employing subcontractors.
Set policies for purchasing that take into account budgets, stock requirements and skills required.
Ensure suppliers are aware of Group cost implications.
If required, responsible for ensuring that suppliers meet certain standards such as ISO accreditation or a particular level of insurance cover.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Review business requirements
• Invite proposals from suppliers and subcontractors
• Due diligence: ensure the suppliers being considered have a sound financial basis as well as meet our ethical, environmental and corporate responsibility requirements
• The Group’s policy on “Conflicts” must be adhered to, to maintain our professional integrity
• Select suppliers
• Negotiate contracts
• Agree Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Update supplier catalogue
• Monitor supplier/subcontractor performance
• Review service against business requirements
• Manage Issues and Complaints
• Manage contractual disputes
• Develop and agree any Service Improvement Plans
• Annual Contract Management
• Service Review Meetings
• Manage and progress requisitions received for new or renewed expenditure commitments on behalf of the Group.
• Ensure that fit-for-purpose goods and services are obtained at lowest total cost (i.e. price as well as quality, timeliness and effectiveness)
• Ensure the Group works only with financially viable and ethically sound suppliers, who meet its Quality, Delivery and Financial expectations
• Ensure appropriate contracts are in place before committing spend to suppliers
• Ensure the Group is always seen to behave in an ethical and professional manner.
• To attend and contribute to regular meetings
• To participate in appraisal process
• To follow and abide by policies and procedures at all times including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality
• To undertake any other duties that may be required as deemed appropriate
The objective of the Group is to pay within our agreed payment terms. The use of Purchase Orders (PO) allows pre-authorisation of spend and automated matching PO and invoice which will enable the Group to meet this objective.
• Understands materials specifications and Bills of Quantities (BoQ)
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Ability to handle complex contract negotiations
• Ability to effectively chair service review meetings
• Understands the purpose and approach for managing suppliers/subcontractors
• Understanding and communicating risk associated with procurement and purchasing
• Have an understanding of the relationships between the project, client and any third parties
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• University degree : with emphasis on Procurement or equivalent.
• Ideally from a Procurement/Purchasing type background.
• Relevant experience managing suppliers, negotiations and service.
• Ability to budget and manage costs.
• Working knowledge of JIT deliveries.
• Ability to ensure timely delivery of orders.
• A solid understanding of the supplier/subcontractor relationship.
• Ability to handle service reviews and implement service improvements.
Please submit your CV and current contact details online today.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.