6 months ago
Construction Bid Writers
£18K- £35K (depending on experience)
Newcastle upon Tyne
Experienced and entry level positions available, as full training given. If you are currently working as a bid writer or working within the construction sector and believe you may have appropriate transferable skills to succeed as a writer, this role could be suitable for you.
As a Construction Bid Writer, you will support your clients by preparing compelling, persuasive and compliant bids for a variety of construction related tenders and projects. Working in a fast paced environment, you will be required to complete multiple projects at once so strong organisation skills together with excellent attention to detail and an ability to work well under pressure is essential.
Salary range £18 - £35K dependent on experience.
• Provide technical and commercial writing skills, displaying creative flair in tender submissions
• Project manage the bid process end to end on own initiative in a pressured. deadline-driven environment
• Objectively appraise tender submissions and complete internal quality assurance checks
• Manage client relationships and maintain existing individual bid libraries
• Support and guidance to other writers and internal stakeholders on preparing written documents and presentations
• Review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learned to promote continuous improvement
• Become involved in all aspects of the business, including strategy, sales, business development and quality management
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience of working in the construction sector is preferred
• A business qualification would be advantageous
• Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• Sound commercial business understanding and risk awareness
• Excellent project and client management skills
• Able to write business-winning narrative quickly and to a deadline
• Show high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions
• Confident with working unsupervised
To apply for this Construction Bid Writer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.