3 months ago
Job Title: Complaints and Escalation Manager
Full Time (Permanent)
Salary: £32,000 to £45,000
What it’s about
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, proactive and customer focused individual to manage complaints and escalated enquiries across our organisation. In this newly created role you would have the opportunity to be at the forefront of responding to and resolving complex and significant issues, working with a wide range of colleagues and senior managers in the process.
The successful candidate will be the first point of reference for customer complaints including fielding calls and investigating, resolving and reporting on of all customer complaints. Good communication skills and the ability to deal tactfully and respectfully with difficult situations are key attributes, along with the ability to produce accurate and timely management information and analysis to all stakeholders.
You would also be joining a high profile and successful department, with a track record of making significant contributions to improving the customer experience across almost all areas of our organisation. You would directly report to the Head of Customer Support.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the process for complaints across the organisation and ensuring high quality responses are sent to customers within the agreed time frames (SLA)
- Supporting colleagues involved with complaints across the organisation, including providing training
- Managing the process for Freedom of Information and Data Protection (GDPR) requests
- Acting as an escalation point for complex enquiries and standing in for the Head of Customer Support where needed
- Reporting on customer complaints, expressions of dissatisfaction and query trends to senior management
- Keeping our approach to complaint handling current/fresh you will be looking to gather insight from other organisations to act as stimulus to shape our customer care ethos and processes carrying out deep dive analysis into complaint reasons to identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Understanding defects which generate complaints and identify improvement to reduce complaints at point of escalation
- Building strong relationships and working closely with key stakeholders around the business to identify and share opportunities for improvement to positively impact customer experience
- Acting as a Risk Champion for the International Network division.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a colleague who takes pride in the standard and quality of their work and is motivated by the opportunity to contribute to the wider goals and values of the organisation. We are looking for someone who really excels at problem solving and driving positive change. The successful candidate will thrive on working in a fast paced and challenging environment that has the customer at the very heart of everything we do.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- High level of problem solving and decision making skills
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Empathetic with strong people and relationship-building skills
- Organised, able to manage a complex and diverse function and prioritise effectively
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding SLAs
- An ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Complaint handling experience
- Customer service or customer communications background
- A background or experience in an assessment or education context would be desirable
- Customer focused
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Examinations prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a superb range of benefits:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2019-04-15 and interviews will be held on 30/04/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer.
28 days ago
only 8 hours until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
26 days ago
only 2 days until close