about 1 month ago
This employer is an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. They are a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
The Communities Executive is responsible for the day-to-day administrative support to the Infrastructure Client Group (ICG) and their P13 network making the best use of the platform to recruit and drive engagement from the target audience around its collective intention.
The Communities Executive will support the Communities Manager in nurturing the Communities of Practice (CoP), grouped around Communities of Interest and steered by Community Advisory Boards (CAB). This role serves as a key liaison point with the Engineering Knowledge teams encouraging content ideas from the CABs and CoPs that support knowledge projects and programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and support the day-to-day running of the ICG and the P13 network.
- Support the delivery of the P13 annual content plan including news, resources, case studies and discussions and network expansion activities.
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers to ensure the successful delivery of the P13 network.
- Ensure excellent customer experience throughout the platforms using audience data including analytics and knowledge of digital best practices.
- Provide administrative support to CABs and CoP Chairs to maintain their engagement.
- Provide secretariat support to the ICG Executive Board, the P13 network and the engineering communities including meeting logistics, planning workshop sessions and organising Insights, knowledge programmes and events capturing the outputs.
- Provide regular reporting on the progress of projects.
- Monitor and report any expenditure for the community networks.
What they are looking for:
Their ideal candidate will be eager to improve output and processes, passionate about driving change and making a difference. They will also have:
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365
- Experience of project management
- Advanced presentation skills
- Experience of minute taking, report writing and editing
- Experience of supporting a community, network or committee
- Experience in supporting the delivery of insights, knowledge and events
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has an affinity for engineering and humanitarian development.
This job advert will close on 7th June 2021.
Group benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Shutdown over Christmas period
- Annual £100 wellbeing allowance
- Up to 8% personal pension scheme
- 24-hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year's salary
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- GymFlex scheme
- Your Rewards discounts
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
3 days ago
only 25 days until close