4 months ago
Commodity Buyer (Mechanical) - Newport, South Wales
Salary: £Competitive Salary + Pension
Fixed Term Contact - 6 Months
The company are an industry leader within the semi-conductor industry with an excellent reputation for training and development and a low turnover of staff due to staff satisfaction and career progression opportunities.
Working in the newly formed Commodity Management team, this role will be primarily responsible for the strategic supply chain of the Mechanical category. You will deliver a future proofed, high quality, low cost, agile supply chain to the tactical supply chain team, working with NPI and commodity engineering support team on cost and capacity improvements through DFMA and outsourcing.
• Understanding the capability and capacity within the mechanical category of the Company supply chain
• Developing models to accurately determine gaps and opportunities within mechanical category
• Creating strategies and executing tactics to optimise the supply chain to deliver cost reduction target year on year and deliver a supply chain that will support the continuing growth plans
• Finding new suppliers for cost, capacity, quality and capability improvements. Creating a truly agile supply chain at lowest possible cost
• Creating regional sourcing models and identifying relevant suppliers within the regions
• Working with production Commodity Engineering team for DFMA for NPI and cost reduction activities
• Achieving handover of suppliers fit for purpose to tactical purchasing team.
• Developing existing suppliers who are underperforming, understand the constraints and find a resolution
• Creating, monitoring and improving against a backdrop of KPI's aligned to internal and external customer requirements
• Global and regional supply chain initiatives including LCC sourcing
• Accompany the relevant department team members to audit suppliers within the UK and abroad to evaluate capability, capacity and process control
• Good IT Skills (minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• MCIPS qualified or degree equivalent
• Previous experience in Mechanical Commodity / category management.
• Demonstrable experience in supply chain strategic management
• Good working knowledge of supply chain replenishment mechanisms
Key Skills Required:
• Self-starter, Proactive, Can-do attitude, Target Dirven, Resilient and Confident Work Ethic.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings would be advantageous
• Exposure to DFM/DFA techniques
• Good communication skills are vital
• Experience in purchasing within a scientific or technical sector is desirable
• Available for international travel
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.