3 months ago
Commercial Underwriter - Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Our well established client, based in Hertfordshire are specialists in Second Charge, Bridging, Development finance, Commercial and Complex buy-to-let mortgages and loans.
They are currently seeking an experienced Underwriter to join their team.
As a Commercial Underwriter, you will be responsible for managing a caseload to maximise loan completions and new business. Attaining the highest standards of regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction.
The successful Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for:
• Assessing and providing credit decisions on live cases
• Reviewing lending policies
• Working closely with the managing directors to ensure business improvement
• Help maintain and encourage intermediary relationships
• Management and support of case managers
Skills & Experience
• Underwriting Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
• Experience working within a specialist lender or bank within the Mortgage lending/development/bridging department
• Experience of manual underwriting
• Good knowledge of the mortgage industry
• CeMap qualified, or in agreement to sign up to the CeMap training in order to qualify
What you get in Return
• A generous basic salary + OTE
• Private medical healthcare
• Company pension
• Dental plan
• Summer & Christmas parties
GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.