2 months ago
Commercial Financial Controller
Salary: Up to £50,000 DOE
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Keywords: Commercial Financial Controller, SAP, SAGE, Oracle, Budgets, Budgeting, Financial Planning, Commercial, Financial Analysis, ACCA, CIMA, PAYE, Payroll, Intrastat reports, V look-up, Pivot Tables, KSE Software
Our client is a family-run business operating more than 40 years selling traditional nautical gifts. Major revenue channels cover wholesale, trade sales : UK and Export, web sales, a limited number of retail shops and concessions.
Due to expansion they are looking to recruit an experienced and committed Commercial Financial Controller who will share in, and cultivate the long-term vision of the business’ directors, accounts team, and employees at large.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the financial control and management in the commercial business sector.
• The role will be responsible for the overseeing all financial aspects of the business, and thus will be key in providing strategic support to the Managing Director.
• The role is responsible for the management and statutory reporting of the trading companies plus company secretarial duties.
• The candidate shall be involved in implementing the new computing systems and transition from the current legacy system.
• There will be a transition period whereby, the outgoing financial controller will offer guidance and support during a handover of the role, and a senior finance interim will lead the accounting element of the system implementation. The candidate should be ‘’hands-on’’ and be a quick learner in order to learn all aspects of the accounting for the various revenue streams.
• The successful candidate should be a good communicator, professional and personable with staff at all levels in the business.
• Strong leadership, excellent management skills, proactive and team oriented.
• Ability to manage a complex business with multiple revenue streams.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good organisational and planning.
• A good understanding of business as well as financial issues.
• Lots of energy and the enthusiasm to get stuck in and help wherever needed.
• Microsoft Excel : advanced, (including V look-up and pivot tables), intermediate in Word and other packages.
• ERP integrated system : for example Netsuite, Oracle, SAP Business One or equivalent
• ODBC data extraction and analysis in Excel.
• SAGE One accounting
• KSE (Kerridge) software
Required Certification: ACCA or CIMA qualified
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
10 days ago
only 18 days until close