6 months ago
As part of their Collections Team, you will be working with customers whose accounts are due on the agreed date, and accounts that have fallen into arrears. You will be responsible for managing inbound and outbound customer calls and will use your excellent listening and negotiation skills to help them get back to their contractual arrangements or find a repayment option that fits their needs to help them to get back on track.
Your passion for finding the right outcome every time, and your willingness to go the extra mile for customers is paramount to success.
To maximise the collection of due and overdue loan payments, and providing the highest level of professionalism and customer service at all times whilst being a primary point of contact for all customers. You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be engaging with customers via telephone, email, and SMS messaging.
Utilising your problem-solving skills to get the very best outcome for the customer and the business, and exhibiting great questioning to get to the heart of the problem to formulate great solutions and outcomes.
A prerequisite for the role is a positive mindset to deal with difficult customer circumstances, resilience and preparedness, and the motivation to deliver your very best every day.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Process inbound calls from customers from all tranches of collections and deal with these calls correctly and accurately with a high level of professionalism
- Process outbound calls to customers, contacting them for due and overdue accounts to negotiate prompt payment within defined timescales
- Record all customer contact notes accurately on the system
- Establish payment plans for customers to ensure loans do not default
- Accountable for reducing default and delinquency for all assigned accounts
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues alike.
- Ensure all customer outcomes are within regulation and to the benefit of both the customer and the business.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics (KPIs, SLAs as described in the collection agent KPIs).
- Work effectively as part of a team and individually
- Maintain and develop department performance and conduct standards both personally and those of the team at all times.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Empathising with people in difficult situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Focus on quality customer service
- Negotiation skills
The role is office based, however due to current government restrictions the role will be based from home until the restrictions are lifted.
A performance related bonus is also offered.