3 months ago
Category Specialist : Facilities Management
Location: Pencoed, Bridgend or Home-based
Working hours: Full time
The Procurement Team is recruiting for the following position:
Category Specialist : Facilities Management
As an organisation our client works on behalf of their customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. The highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all their customers.
What our client wants from a Category Specialist:
The Category Specialist will contribute to the development of the procurement category management strategy across the organisation and the professional services area of spend.
This is a key position that will work with both the public and private sectors and for some clients they follow public sector procurement regulations and require someone with the ability to ensure they are achieving value while following compliance.
Type of person they are looking for:
A procurement professional with a proven track record of delivering efficiencies, savings and other value-added benefits in either the public or private sectors. You will support our client in all of their commercial, procurement, tendering and contract management activities. You will have a good knowledge of all applicable UK and EU procurement legislation, and strong project management skills.
You will have MCIPS or equivalent experience, ideally within a public sector procurement organisation, have a high level of stakeholder engagement expertise and will be used to working on multiple projects. You will also have excellent project management and IT skills, in particular CRM database experience. In addition, you will have strong influencing skills to work with their critical supplier base and key stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder engagement competencies and will have the ability to work alongside and support service teams across the client base in the delivery of their critical projects.
Responsibilities will include:
• Undertake consultancy work with their client base to review, improve and deliver best practice procurement policies and procedures across their organisation.
• Lead the development and implementation of category management strategy across the company with specific emphasis on Facilities Management (Catering/Cleaning services) categories.
• Involved in leading and managing complex contracting solutions, spend aggregation strategies and collaborative procurement initiatives.
• Provide advice and guidance for contract management.
• Understanding market intelligence and undertake analysis activities in regard to supplier selection
• Manage bid activities from writing tenders to evaluation to selection, and provide cost breakdown analysis and quotation analysis
• Undertake sourcing and tendering activities
• Lead on esourcing strategies for relevant Category spends
• Ensure compliance in all areas of procurement activity
• Ensure commercial targets are achieved against the business plan for Category Spend.
• Proactively work and build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships is essential along with excellent commercial and negotiation skills
• Identify & implement best practice in all areas of procurement management and activity
• Mitigate risk and liability to the Company and to our clients wherever possible
• Assist with the development and delivery of procurement training sessions
• Get involved with ad hoc project work.
• Some travel will be required.
Other skills and experience they are looking for:
As a member of the Procurement Team you will need to have a good commercial awareness, excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level.
At our client, this means that a Category Specialist needs the following to work effectively:
• Experience of tendering and understanding or working knowledge of OJEU tendering processes and Public Contract Regulations 2015
• Experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects
• Ability to work within a cross functional team
• Ability to work with external Public Sector Buying Organisations (PSBOs)
What they can offer you:
In addition to a competitive day rate they are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get:
• 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Further enhanced leave e.g. for long term service
• 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
• An annual opportunity to donate a portion of the organisation’s profits to a charity of your choice
• Flexible working arrangements
• Opportunities for further professional development
• On site gym and subsidised canteen (HO based)
• Free parking (HO based)
• Other benefits
To apply for this Category Specialist role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
12 days ago
only 10 hours until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close
5 days ago
only 1 day until close