about 1 year ago
Category Specialist - Energy Services
• Salary: Competitive Salary
• Location: Pencoed, Bridgend, South Wales
• Working Hours: Full time
• Status: Permanent
Applicants with purely manufacturing procurement experience need not apply
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Category Specialist to join a high performing procurement team. Energy industry experience is a must and you will provide a structured Category Specialist role to manage a range of Energy Products and Services.
Our client provides procurement services to the Education sector, Charity and Faith organisations and Businesses throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs. Their highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all our clients.
What Does our client want from a Category Specialist - Energy Services
As a member of the Procurement Team you will need to have a good commercial awareness, excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level.
The Category Specialist is an important role that will contribute to the development of the procurement strategy across the organisation. This is a key position that will work with both the public and private sectors and for some clients they follow public sector procurement regulations and require someone with the ability to ensure they are achieving value while following compliance.
The company values are: Value for Money, Integrity, Passionate, Excellence and Respect. The Category Specialists should, at all times, adhere to the values and be focused on seeking to deliver value to their clients.
A procurement professional with a proven track record of delivering efficiencies, savings and other value-added benefits in either the public or private sectors. You will support our client in all of their commercial, procurement, tendering and contract management activities. You will have a good knowledge and experience of Public Contract Regulations 2015 and all applicable UK and EU procurement legislation.
You will have MCIPS or equivalent experience, ideally within a public sector procurement organisation, have a high level of stakeholder engagement expertise and will be used to working on multiple projects. You will also have excellent project management and IT skills, in particular CRM database experience and eSourcing/eTendering web-based services. In addition, you will have strong influencing skills to work with their critical supplier base and key stakeholders.
You will apply a robust and strategic sourcing process, using best practice tools and techniques in the development and implementation of an integrated category strategy aligned to the company’s organization needs.
Category Management Requirements
• An understanding and experience of delivering and managing high value/high risk Category Management using latest best practice category management principles. To monitor and manage a key category area for our client reporting on a monthly basis on category trends and forward planning.
• Develop and implement a category strategy for Energy sourcing and contract management projects, and supplier relationship management activities that support business performance and cost reduction targets for our clients and partners.
• Lead strategic sourcing projects as a result of category strategies in order to establish best value contracts.
• Manage and review key contracts, including service level agreements and key performance indicators.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive contract management process to realise maximum benefit from the category activity with reviews of business usage and contract compliance, and provide insight through the analysis of spend, contract metrics, supply markets and savings.
• Lead the identification, assessment and management of potential risks within your category area with differing sourcing and contract management strategies.
• Ensure all category spend complies with company Procurement policy
• Have good commercial awareness and the ability to drive greater strategic value and growth for the business.
• You will raise the profile and competency of procurement across the organization
• Generate higher savings, improve supplier performance, mitigate supply risks, and drive innovation and continuous improvement.
• Undertake consultancy work (when required) with our client base to review, improve and deliver best practice procurement policies and procedures across their organisation.
• Be involved in leading and managing complex contracting solutions, spend aggregation strategic and collaborative procurement initiatives.
• Understanding of market intelligence and undertake analysis activities in regard to supplier selection
• Manage bid activities from writing tenders to evaluation selection, and provide cost breakdown analysis and quotation analysis
• Experience of tendering and understanding or working knowledge of OJEU tendering processes
• Undertaking sourcing and tendering activities
• Lead on e-sourcing strategies for relevant Category spends
• Ensuring compliance in all areas of procurement activity
• Ensure commercial targets are achieved against the business plan for Category Spend.
• Proactively work and build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships is essential along with excellent commercial and negotiation skills
• Identify & implement best practice in all areas of procurement management and activity
• Ability to work within a cross functional team
• Ability to work with external agencies and partners including, but not limited to Public Sector Buying Organisations (PSBOs)
• Mitigating risk and liability to the Company and to clients wherever possible
• Assist with the delivery of procurement training and awareness sessions
• Travel will be required on a regular basis
What our client can offer you
In addition to a competitive salary they are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get:
• 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Further enhanced leave e.g. for long term service
• 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
• An annual opportunity to donate a portion of the organisation’s profits to a charity of your choice
• Flexible working arrangements
• Opportunities for further professional development
• On site gym and subsidised canteen
• Free parking
• Other benefits
Want to know more?
To apply for this Category Specialist role, please submit your CV and covering letter online today.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.