An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced Category Manager to join a unique company based in Stevenage within their Supply Chain & Procurement division.
Working in the global defence industry, they currently have 10,000 employees across their UK and European offices and are now looking to increase their headcount by 5% in 2018.
Reporting into the Head of UK Sites and Engineering Services Procurement, the Category Manager role is responsible for procuring indirect products and services for both projects and the business.
Primary Responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Develop and implement sourcing and procurement strategies for contingent worker provision, product transportation/ storage and offload services
- Responsible for the national strategy for the above categories whilst working alongside the international Category Managers to develop a wider strategy with particular focus on product storage and transportation
- Prepare, negotiate and agree supplier contracts and frame agreements and ensure that these are being used effectively by the internal stakeholders
- Supervision and development of one buyer in the category, to include performing their One to Ones, providing coaching and performance management.
- Drive supplier tenders to achieve value for the business and introduce new suppliers to challenge the current supplier base
- Manage and report the risks within the categories, escalating to the Domain Lead where relevant
- Manage Supplier reviews with preferred and key suppliers in conjunction with contract milestones and SLAs.
- Define a sourcing Strategy, and apply competitive methodologies to drive down prices to achieve and preferably exceed pre-agreed performance targets
What's in it for you:
- This role provides a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to take on a strategic role in a growing and dynamic business
- On-the-job training and coaching in addition to supporting further CIPS training for promising individuals.
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus scheme and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- Preferably CIPS Level 4+ Qualified
- Fully competent in drafting contracts and framework agreements including mitigation of risk to the business
- Experience of managing and developing others
- Demonstrable experience of the procurement life cycle, in particular Indirect spend categories
- Confidence in negotiating with suppliers, and making recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Regular UK travel and occasional European travel required
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
- IT skills in terms of data analysis, manipulation and presentations
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.