8 months ago
Capital Gains Tax Administrator - Liverpool
Our Client are one of the UK's leading investment managers, a FTSE 250 company. Providers of personalised investment management and wealth management services for private investors and trustees. This includes discretionary investment management, unit trusts, tax planning, trust and company management, pension advice and banking services.
This is a varied role which will give the successful applicant an insight in to the numerous activities undertaken by Operations. The role requires interaction with different areas of the business including Investment Management, Middle Office and other departments across Operations.
Excellent communication skills are required, as are self-motivation and a willingness to learn.
• Compiling CGT records for new and existing clients from share histories provided by Investment Managers and external counterparties
• Ensure data adheres to HMRC legislation, critical to year-end tax packs
• Process all 'Transfer within the Nominee' requests ensuring supporting authority in each instance.
• Review processed Corporate Events and ensure CGT criteria is met
• Assist with user acceptance testing on integrated software upgrades and system enhancements
• Carry out thorough accuracy checks on your own work and colleagues work
• Maintain records for Management Information purposes
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum 1 year industry experience
• High level of numeracy and accuracy with a methodical approach to work
• Logical problem solver, generating practical solutions to often complex issues
• Flexible team player who is confident when dealing with people throughout the organisation
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines
• Adaptable and flexible, and able to accept responsibility for given tasks
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Access
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.