We are currently looking for a people centric, Buying Manager to oversee and effectively manage our Hertfordshire based purchasing function. We are a market leader, and one of Europe's largest suppliers of shop fitting concepts.
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000
· Company Car or Allowance
· 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
LOCATION: Hemel Hempstead
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Hemel Hempstead, Milton Keynes, Slough, Oxford, Harlow
REQUIREMENTS: Buying Manager
We want someone who is hands on, a Buying Manager who is focussed on their team but also capable of working with the wider business leaders to help build strategy in a challenging retail market. We don't want someone who is a "blue sky thinker" all the time. We need an good mix of management, strategy and day to day procurement.
In addition you will also be:
· A qualified Buying Manager with proven success of running teams with around 3 direct reports + Buyers & Administrators
· Heavily driven by developing and improving your team
· Knowledgeable and comfortable overseeing spends of £20million+
· Able to demonstrate a strong background of international procurement with a keen interest in any experience of procurement from the Far East
This is an opportunity to own and manage a Purchasing function with the autonomy to implement change based on the business strategy and agreed processes. This role will require a strong-willed manager who is confident in their approach.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Buying Manager
Our procurement team plays a vital part in the delivery of the service we provide. The primary focus of the Buying Manager is to effectively manage our diverse Purchasing team that is made up of Buying Managers, Buyers and Administrators.
Other key elements of the role will be to:
· Allocate project work to Buying Managers based on workload and skill set
· Work closely with the Director responsible for the supply chain to implement the overall strategy for the function.
· Oversee a total spend of circa £25 million
· Manage all aspects of the team including appraisals and setting KPI’s where required
· Assess how to get best value out of the current procurement relationships and where needed, instigate new relationships
· Have an all-round understanding of how and where our business generates income (through service, design and installation) and have the commercial awareness of how the Purchasing function can add the most value
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Shop fitting, Retail Design, Procurement, Buying, Buyer, Category, Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager.
We sell, develop, manufacture and install complete shop fitting concepts for retail chain stores. The all-inclusive offer includes custom-made fitting concepts, innovative solutions for checkout arena and professional lighting systems.
Please Note - Wallace Hind have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Purchasing Manager and reference MT15493 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.