Buyer and Stock Controller – £25,000-£32,000 + (depending on experience) – North Hertfordshire
Would you welcome a key strategic position at a furniture manufacturer with a reputation for reliability? We are seeking a Buyer and Stock Controller with extensive experience in sourcing products, negotiation and creating and maintaining excellent supplier relationships.
The successful candidate will be required to manage all UK suppliers to ensure cost-effective continuity of supply. Reporting to the Procurement Director for international orders, and the Managing Director for UK orders, you will monitor all purchases and when needed, find cost-effective alternatives.
The key responsibilities of a Buyer and Stock Controller include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the warehouse team to ensure that best practice stock control principles and practices are adhered to, in line with company standards.
- Monitoring and analysing sales data and forecast figures to inform ordering of product requirements, managing plans for stock levels.
- Creating and maintaining supplier files, price lists and analysing supplier performance, including regularly reviews of non-conformance reports.
- Proactively communication with internal and external customers regarding inventory status.
- Assisting the Managing Director in finding cost-effective solutions for the disposal of slow moving and obsolete goods.
The key skills and qualities of a Buyer and Stock Controller:
- A solid technical background in stock category management and stock control is required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with a confident telephone manner, and a strong grasp of negotiation techniques.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy, professionalism and attention to detail.
- A successful Buyer and Stock Controller will be self-motivated and commercially aware, with a task-focused mind-set.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.